Miscellaneous

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Ashna, Oct 21, 2005.

1. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Re: Science behind Temples

Hi Vimala,

Thanks for the info, sounds very intresting... GR8 work... keep going...Bow

cheers
    vaidehi

2. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]The light which shines from the super luminous darkness of the garbha graha across the walls and is seen in front of the ghandarvas, the niches, their actual designation is ‘massive doors’., Nobody can pass across them.
    They are irradiated from within.
    Thro’ them the spendor of Hiranya Garbha appears, translated in the form of figures of the god in each of the niches around the body of the <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Temple</st1:place></st1:city>. In other words, and on the ‘Plan’ the vastu mandala the suns of all times are around the Brahmasthaana and in the outer border of the square, are the regents of the moon and stars.

The Natural light from the universe that is the Sun and other planets penetrates thro the Copper kalasa kept above the temple and penetrate in to the garbhagraha and refelecting thro the walls inside, and on the linga, and in turn Linga refelects the rays on to the devotee, then on the pillars and above the pillars so that we feel the vibrations.

Further the prayer should be near the flag post, the flag post is erected on a three d dimension of copper plate below the ground, and the stapaties put various kinds of metals, rocks etc, below the flag post, and when we face the North and offer our wish , the vibrations from our body, translated as a vibration taken by the flag post, sent to the Universe and we will get the reply from the universe thro the Linga in a fraction of Second. It is like telepathy.

[/FONT]

3. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Vimala,
    Great Information! Getting to know more about temple. Is that flag pole called 'dwajasthambam' (not sure if spelling is correct). Thank you for the information.
    Looking forward to learn more from your posts!

4. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

It is 'dwajasthambam'. Before construcing the temple the fire Gunda will be there., once the temple construction is over, they will instal the 'dwajasthambam' made with Myrobalan tree.

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Vimala,
    Thanks for your explanation regarding the light...
    Interesting information regarding the 'dwajasthambam'...meanwhile what is a Myrobalan tree?

sriniketan

6. dhanaselvi

dhanaselvi New IL'ite

I Never Heard Like This . Thanks For Ur Great Information

7. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Myrobalan tree is a herbal which is a preservative. we are putting pheniol for cleaning our room and for getting un polluted air, the myrabalan tree shaft was errected in temple as Dwja stamba.

8. kavinarayan

kavinarayan Bronze IL'ite

kula deivam or family deity

I want to share about our kula deivam or family deity "pattani".We are origins of Thirunelveli....but my father's grandfather was the last to be there and they left to malaysia....so my father or my uncles did not have a clue about our family deity pattani...the only information we had was that the temple was in thirunelveli....when we came back to india in 1985 we kept searching for the temple but no one knew about it....but the god comes in a horse in my father's dream when his help was needed.....my father passed away,followed by my uncle ...we had no clue of the temple....but me nad my brother were so much interested that we need to somehow find it.....we even got the doubt is the deity's name was correct ....then 1 day in nov last year my brother saw a lorry with the name pattani swamy tunai....wow the name was correct so i started searching the internet but there was no match....then 1 day when i was searching the telephone directory in internet i tried my luck with the name search pattani...great there were people with this name....i called 1 of them and he was more than happy to tell us the location...we went ther and offered our hearty prayers nearly after 5 decades......the temple is in a place called perungulam in thirunelveli.....

I anyone knows the story behind this deity pls let me know...

please post you family diety's story and miracles

thank you

kavi

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Kavinarayan,
    Please do not start a thread for every post. Please read
    Site Help / FAQs
    FAQs
    in detail.I have to post this message in the open forum because you have no PM access.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. kswati

kswati New IL'ite

Thanks Vimala. This was a very good piece of information. Keep posting.

Swati