1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Miscellaneous Gynic Issues and Queries

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Varloo, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Attention- those who are waiting for the stork

Dear members,
    I can understand how trying and depressing it is, when the visit of the stork is delayed, I had to wait for 4 years. The article in this week's Ananda Vikatan seems a streak of light in darkness. May be many of you know about it, but I wish to share it with you people.
    This is about a procedure called "Testicular sperm aspiration intracypoplasmic sperm injection" TESAICSI, which was done on a man who was paralysed from the hips. Even if sperms are not present, the tissue or genes(I am not sure which one, it says uyir anukkal in Tamil) from the male can be fused with the egg and fertilised in the test tube. The Doctor is Geetha Haripriya of Prashanth Maternity Hospital in Chennai.
    Mr. Veeramallu was paralysed from hips after an accident. Mrs.Janitta fell in love with him and they married with the blessings of elders after much persuation. But the hubby felt that a home is full only with the arrival of a child. But as he could not even have physical relationship with his wife, it was out of bound. He had approached many hospitals in the past 4 years. At lwast Prashanth Maternity Hospital in Chennai took up the challenge and now he is a proud father.
    Please log on to www.vikatan.com for more details.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

1 person likes this.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Nice of you..

Dear Varloo,

It is nice of you to bring this to our attention. We forget the afflictions of some in our day to day life. We have to applaud the discoveries and progress of the the medical world, especially when they can be of help to some who otherwise feel helpless. Hats off to Geetha Haripriya and her ilk.

L, Kamla

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Varloo, I appreciate you !

Dear Varloo,
    I think by writing in this forum about the information given in A Vikatan, you have done a good service, not in anyway short of what Dr Gita Haripriya is doing.
    Hats off to you ! ( Now, don't ask me if I have started wearing hats, since you last saw me ! ).
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. shakila

shakila Junior IL'ite

What is morning after pill?

Has anyone heard of the morning after pill? Do you know what that is and what it is used for?

Shakila

5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Morning after pill

dear Shakila,

This is also a contraceptive pill. Usually given if a lady forgets to take any form of contraceptions and wants to avoid pregnancy. The name is as it suggests, taken the morning after( or the next day) .

Vandhana

6. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Sanitary Napkin Vending Machines Use - Poll

Hi,

We would like to conduct a poll on whether the Sanitary Napkin Vending Machines available in RestRooms are useful. This is to create awareness on the avaiability of such machines during International Travel and how to use them.
    Please give your frank opinion to posting a PM to myid.

1. Have You anytime used SNVM? If so, where?

2. Are quality/hygienic Napkins dispensed from SNVM?

3. Is the Price of the Napkins O.K?

4. Does SNVM help in emergency situations?

5. Would you prefer to use the non-branded Napkins from SNVM during emergencies?

6. Should SNVMs be available in Offices/Colleges/Schools?

Regards,
    Leela

7. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hysterectomy

i had hysterectomy fourteen month ago. i take hrt since seven month. when i do house chores, my back is hurting me even when i do simple cooking. i have sometimes hot flushes, i am irritable and in bad mood and most important i cant find sleep at night.
    how long it takes to recover from the operation?
    will i feel like this the rest of my life?
    in advance thank u for ur advices.
    bye
    Huma

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Re: hysterectomy

Huma, I am sorry to hear that. Hysterectomy is done to improve your condition from whatever it was. It has been more than a year since you had yours. Hormones in the body take a long time to adjust to the change. Even menopause can bring about the same changes in a woman that you describe. You could be going through a combination of all those changes in your body.
    I strongly advice you to consult your doctor about the way you feel. There are many preparations, even plant based, which can help you to cross this period with much less stress.
    Best of Luck.

L, Kamla

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear huma,
    i am sorry to hear abt ur condition, histerectomy is actually preponing ur menopause and all the symptoms are of that, so try as much possible to take a lot of rest inbetween ur work, and if u can give off coffee for sometime it would be good, keep ur diet very bland for sometime and some breathing exercise,this irritation, nagged feeling will be there for sometime and hot flushes are also a problem, try sleeping on the sides and always have a nice cold bath whenever time permits before u go to sleep. mentally u need to work out, make friends if u can, divert ur energy to other factors or take good nap when possible....hope been of help...regards sunkan

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  10. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

dear Kamla and Sunkan
    thank u very much.:2thumbsup::wave