Miscarriage -Topic forum

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by happyn25, Aug 23, 2014.

1. divyams

divyams Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Although I am a positive person, I am yet to come over the depression due to my second miscarriage.

A kind guidance to all TTC friends, even if you have miscarried just one or even TTC first time, please do pre-screening to ensure all your antibodies are secreted correctly.
    I had my first miscarriage two years back and after that the doctor said it is very common so did not do any screening. After my second miscarriage, came to know some antibodies were secreted higher which caused miscarriage. there were two tests conducted - TORCH and Phospolipids test.

So please get it done. Do not ignore even after single miscarriage. IF I had done it first time, I would not have lost second time.

Also clearing of miscarriage is very important. Lot of factors come into picture. If you are using tablets to clear, make sure the fallopian tubes are not bloc

2. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

Dhivya,
    Really sorry for your loss.
    Thanks for giving this info in d middle of your sorrow.
    May I know which week you had miscarried?

3. mercy0120

mercy0120 New IL'ite

Hello All,

I had late miscarriage on Jan 20th and had a rainbow baby girl. I had PPROM. Doctors have still confusion to figure out if the infection has caused my cervix to dilate or first my cervix dilated which caused the infection.

10 days prior my miscarriage I experienced mucus like vaginal discharge till my miscarriage date. As my regular doc was not in town, I consulted a local doctor who had lot of demand in my locality. But she treated it as infection and jus gave me vaginal tab without any swabs. I was unfortunate to know later that the mucus was actually sign of my cervix being dilated.

Even today I see myself guilty for losing my first child.

My suggestion is please consult your regular doctors in case of emergencies, instead of opting for new gynecs whom you had never seen before.

4. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Hello All,

I never thought I will post in this section, I had a miscarriage last week in the 10+ week it started with spotting I rushed to the A & E they confirmed there is no heart beat :( and the growth shows development of only 6/7 weeks. the midwife asked to come next week for the scanning but I lost the baby with lots of cramp without any medicine. I have got no symptoms of pregnancy now : ( :(

To take my mind of I want to start some sort of exercise but fear I might harm my body so wanted to know how soon we can start the exercise. At the moment I am doing the activities that I was doing before miscarriage.

5. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

@pumpkin01
    very sorry for your loss.
    if its normal conception then once your AF stops you can restart your routine.
    but take it slow at the beginning and proceed as per your energy level.
    if its assisted conception then do once consult your gynec.

1 person likes this.
  6. pushpaprashanth

pushpaprashanth Senior IL'ite

Dear all,

I am 34 old, no case of any known gynological problems. I married in 2013. I found out I was pregnant in Oct 2013, however had a natural MC. Now we have been actively trying for a baby since Feb 2015. My periods are always regular, missed period for this month. excited I did a HPT 10 days back, -ve it turned out. I went to doctor on 9 April 2015 for a blood test and result was +ve. My HCG count was 89. This Doctor said its very early in pregnancy. I am now on Folic acid and UtroGestan 100mg (2 tabs at bedtime). Today I did another blood test and HCG count is 830........Is this normal?

Dear ladies, please let me know if I will sustain this pregnancy and become mother of a healthy baby. I am so worried and stressed out.My doctor has asked to see her again in 2 weeks time.

I have no nausea. However have backache, lower abdomen pain and sore breasts.

7. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

@pushpaprashanth,

Firstly congrats on your pregnancy. You are worrying unnecessarily. Your HCG doubles every 36 hours(rough timing) varies for person to person. your count seems ok. About the symptoms it can happen to some, for some it may not be there at all and you are in early stages. It may hit you in a few days. Please don't worry due to lack of symptoms.

I understand your concern due to earlier miscarriage. You can a healthy baby after a miscarriage. So you need not worry about having a healthy baby. Stay positive and eat healthy. Continue to take Folic Acid throughout the 1st trimester. wish you a healthy pregnancy.

8. pushpaprashanth

pushpaprashanth Senior IL'ite

Hi SAPS105,

So many thanks for your reply. I visited my gynae on 25th April, she confirmed I was at 5 weeks, gsac and yolk sac were clearly visible. She gave me a proluton injection. I am continuing Utrogestan 200mg and folic acid (twice a day). So it was fine on saturday.

However, on Sunday around 4pm, I developed brownish spotting. I went hysterical but tried to remain calm. I could see the discharge when I pee and wipe. I rushed to my gynae again this morning, she checked and told me it was some old blood. She gave me one more proluton, She said I shouldn't bleed again, if fresh red blood comes, I will be admitted for a day and see how things go. Its been so stressful and frsutrating.

9. indumathi1985

indumathi1985 Bronze IL'ite

hello all,

My case was little different. I had 1 ecoptic pregnancy and 2 biochemical pregnancy in 2015 and am going for ivf treatment from this month. Just want to know anyone undergoes the same situation and got positive result.
    I am very confident and full hope in what i am doing,but am just curious to hear success stories from some people.

Rgds,
    Indumathi

10. Prabhav

Prabhav New IL'ite

Hi - I have been 9 weeks now, but baby doesnt have any heartbeat and as per latest scan yesterday growth stopped at 6 weeks. I have been going for treatment where the doctor put me on pills to regulate my ovulation cycle. Not sure why this happened. And since normal miscarriage didnt happen, now she has prescribed me to meet a gynaec and consult her for the best way to end this pregnancy. I am presently in Hyderabad - I have 2 questions.

1. Which way is better ? Medicines/D&C? I hear scary stories about both!
    2. Who is the best doctor in Hyderabad to go for D&C? I was referred to Apollo - But having bad experience there before I dont want to take a risk! Already losing the kid in my first pregnancy after 7 years is emotionally scarring! Don't want to end up with more risks/emotional pain.

Kindly suggest me options. Thanks for your help.

Thanks!