Miscarriage due to transvaginal ultrasound?????????

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by love2live, Jul 20, 2011.

1. love2live

love2live New IL'ite

Hi All,

This was my second pregnancy.My LMP was on 27th May. I went for my first check up on 13th July and doctor asked me to take a ultrasound,blood and urine test. She asked me to take in a scan centre near her hospital. I went to take a scan in one of the centre near my house. I was taken to the scan room. There was a junior doctor. He took the abdominal scan. He told me that he could find nothing and it might be ectopic and took me to another senior doctor. The senior was checking a new machine and i became a demo piece for them. He tried to take abdominal scan and he told that its not ectopic.He told that the sac is too small for the gestational age of 7 weeks. He told that i might be delayed conception. He told that he will confirm it with vaginal us. The lady assistant who types the report introduced the probe in to my vagina. The doctor and some gals who were giving the demo were around. They did all the experiments of the machine by keeping the probe inside my vagina. I wished i could leave that place early. Once its done they removed the probe and the probe was full of blood. On seeing that i was fainting. They asked me to remove the cover of the probe. OMG!!!! I couldnt even see it. He gave me the report saying that it could be missed abortion. I was really confused what happened actually. He told it might be either missed abortion or deleayed conception. I was literally crying. He suggested to check the serum hcg level. I had my doctor appointment the next day. That night was sleepless. I was waiting to see the doctor. The next day the doctor told me that the scan was not ok and she told its better if i terminate. I had a doubt if the miscarriage was because of the vaginal us because i did not bleed before.I asked the doctor the same question. She told it wont happen so. We did another us and in that report they gave it as incomplete abortion. The whole day was spent in hospital and scan centre. I am still unclear if transvaginal is safe in such earlier pregnancy. I wonder why the doctor did not check the serum hcg. Why they did not wait for a while to confirm if its not delayed conception... Can anyone of you please shed ur thoughts on this..

Regards,
    Love2live

2. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Miscarriage will not happen due to trans vaginal scan.It may be missed miscarriage.Normally they do trans vaginal scan in early pregnancy as things won't be very clear in abdomen scan.Don't worry.I also had missed abortion.My prayers for you.Wait for 3 cycles and then try again.You will surely get pregnant soon.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Love2live, I am so sorry to hear this. I dont know what has gone wrong but they really should not be testing new equipment on patients.
    I kinda agree with tweety though. Most of the scans done that early in pregnancy are transviginal. Unless the technician really messed up, its unlikely that that probe caused this.

4. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

I agree with others.You might have started to bleed as soon as they inserted the probe.I used to get my periods after intercourse and I used to think this has made me to bleed.Its just provoking the blood flow.

Dont worry.You will conceive soon