1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Minor Issues That Are Irritating Me, Not Sure How To Handle!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by meetmeonline, Sep 5, 2017.

1. meetmeonline

meetmeonline Gold IL'ite

Ours is an arranged marriage and it has been 6 long years. We have faced lot of issues in meantime, from my in-laws, his job, financial issues, health issues etc. Finally, things have started to move on to a better side 2 yrs back. Now, we are expecting another memebr in our family soon.

However, things have changed with my husband. When we had so many issues, he used to trust me, listen to me and we both somehow pulled through the difficult time. Now I feel he is being drifted away from me. (No noth that he is interested in someone else), but he is not trusting me like before. He is being too ambitious and i am being realistic. When there are some minor obstacles in his path to ambition, he is blaming me. As if I have created them. He behaves immaturly and beleives he can do everything. Sometimes his behaviour is like i am being a obstacle in his path.

He is a kind of very angry person and it becomes difficult to convince him when he is angry. Now a days, he listens to his mother more and does whatever he feels like. I have also stopped to stop him. Somehow his co-operation is not being that which used to be between us earlier. These things are growing after me being 6 months pregnant. His mother visited us when i was 3 months pregnant and showed fake concern for me. She started telling him how the child will grow , what will be the childs weight etc. Even though doctor says its all fine with weight and all, her concerns seems to be creating issues between us. Somehow he also beleived her and He started to scold me, throw trantrum, becomes angry and stops talking to me. Just for exa, yesterday he had a meeting in office and needed to get to office early. I ironed his clothes, prepared his things inorder to help him get ready faster. He became angry on the fact that while feeding him, food started to slip from the spoon that i was holding. To which I just replied , why these days you are being anate gry with me always. Then i kept quiet and became sad. While returning from office, I asked him if he has become cool now. To my surprise he responded " If you will die , I will be more happy?" I just kept quiet , enter bathroom and cried to myself. I am 34 weeks pregnant and did not expect this from my husband.

My parents are staying with us as my in-laws cannot come over. I didnt share all this with my parents as well. Just kept it to me. Today morning i didnt say anything to him, just did what i should do. But, he seems ti be still angry. How should i handle him. Sometimes, I feel all my effort has gone in vain and do not know how things will be with a kid around. Now I am giving him so much, soon I will have less time for him. How is he going to behave then? Sometimes I feel god has been unfair with me. When normally girls are pampered during pregnancy, I have to bear all this. Bear the fake concern of my great MIL and tantrums of my DH. Whom should i blame? My fate or God?I cannot share with my parents because my dad is not keping well, they are doing their best to help us and it will be unfair to put them into more stress.

I do not know if anyone ever faced such things, and wish noone ever faces such things in life.

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

The best case is that it looks like jitters caused by impending responsibility.

The worst case is that he wants out of the marriage.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Stop doing so much for him and just focus on yourself. Your husband may then actually grow up before his child does.

sindmani, salad, meetmeonline and 2 others like this.
  4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Next time you feed him , make sure the hand slips and the spoon falls on his head. Hopefully that will knock some sense into him.
    Just have a talk with him and tell him he needs to behave like an ADULT. Unless his mother is a doctor and has X-ray vision eyes , she cannot judge the weight and overall development of the child . Ironic that the MIL did not notice that her own man- baby hasn't grown up.
    Please focus on your health and the baby. Take care and best wishes .

Dishaa, Adamsribs, sindmani and 7 others like this.
  5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, stop worrying about your MIL or dh. You are physically weak and so is emotionally, due to pregnancy. If he is neglecting you, just neglect him. Try to ignore his tantrums, don't react, if you really want to converse with him, talk only when is he is calm and only if you can talk in composed calm way, that two required points only. Walk away if he is angry or try to fight with you. You MIL is not your doctor, value your doctors opinon and just listen and not react to others comments.

If he treats you badly, dont iron his clothes or help him much that day(are you planing to do all these jobs even after delivery? If not let him do his personal things. He is not a baby, he knows when to go to office, it is his headache, dont worry about whether he is late or early, It is his responsibility to go to office on time) . Keep food on table and say you want to take rest and go. Let him serve himself. Dont do things,when you are tired, he wont understand it. If he treats you well, only then pamper him. Else neglect.

If you need rest, go to bed and take rest. when both of you are happy ask him to talk something to baby and enjoy the baby kicks together. Make him part of the journey, if its possible.

Focus on your self and the baby. Don't over do things. You need to be calm and happy. So try to do any thing that make you happy or relaxed. Enjoy each moment of pregnancy (you wont get it back, you miss it later) and stop worrying about others. Listen to your body. Eat healthy. Take care. Have a happy delivery!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  6. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,

Just stop thinking about him and start caring about you & your baby.

Your DH should grow up now, it's his responsibility to take care of you when you are pregnant, instead of that you are taking care of him and feeding him. He will never grow up if you treat him like this. Pampering & caring for husband is good, but not when you are in need of care.

Why can't he iron his own clothes on a weekend? Just stop pampering him for now, its time for him to realize his responsibilities.

yellowmango and meetmeonline like this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

You feed him with a spoon. ???:eek:
    How old is he ?

Seriously op,the guy said he would be happy if you die and you are still running after him . What is wrong with you?

He is acting like some small time god because he knows you will not raise your voice in front of parents.

Why are your parents at your place if dad is not keeping good health.
    Is your pregnancy going normal?
    If so,you should let them go. Go home to their place for delivery. How will you manage with a new born and one that needs to be fed with a spoon.:confused:

Like others have written,time to let him grow up and take care of himself.

kcb, Dishaa, Adamsribs and 5 others like this.
  8. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Did this behavioural change happen after the pregnancy? If yes, could he be scared of the new responsibility ?

Is he goin through a mid life crisis ?

Depression of some sort as he seemed to have changed over night ?

A break from each other can help too, esp when he is being 100% unreasonable.. go to your parents house rather than being with him n working for him n still hear all this. You both can have some peace.

If going out of home is not feasible, ignore him completely n stop doing any chores for him. Say you will do chores or talk to him when he's ready to behave like an adult and talk properly without getting angry for everything. Ask him to imagine that you are away.

Or take him for counselling, might help explain the sudden change.

He may not change if you continue to do all the chores, do his work, do every work n pamper him. Because he isn't getting affected at all. He has to be affected to feel any pain and change.

Dishaa and Sandycandy like this.
  9. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

ROTFL

NeetaR likes this.
  10. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Your reply should be "I am starting to train you for post baby period, since I can't feed 2 babies!"

Your reply shd be "Sure, you can be happy, but who will feed you then?"

Also, your thread is titled "Minor issues", did you mean "Minor-under 18 husband" issues?

Sorry OP, couldn't help but be sarcastic, not sure how you can keep your patience!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017