1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mini me - Is it considered unlucky or lucky?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SGBV, Mar 20, 2014.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

A child is a blessing no matter how he/she looks. Having said that, I am writing this out of curiosity.

My daughter is just 6 months old. She is a photocopy of me. Believe me, it is very hard to find difference between our photos of the same age/size. I have a collection of my childhood photos, and I usually compare them with my kid's photos for fun.

I was extremely happy to have her look alike me. Basically, I wanted her this way.

Weirdly though, this cute little pie was born on the same day (18th), has got more or less similar meaning of my name, and also her complexion, style, and eating habit, behavior also remembers me.

Is it something lucky or unlucky as my colleagues repeatedly say it brings bad luck to the mom if their DDs look alike them. I don't mind this, because she is my own child... but just curious to know your perspectives.

7 people like this.

2. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Dear SGBV Stop worrying and enjoy the similarities. I dont think it is unlucky.

kooru and kkirthi5 like this.
  3. Sai3A21

Sai3A21 Platinum IL'ite

Dear SGBV,

ur DD is so cute... Different ppl say different things. Forget everything and enjoy her childhood.

4. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

SGBV....there are things which come into being unlucky. God has given you happiness in a silver plate and please dont let others find fault.

You have a beautiful baby and more...she looks like you!...I would have had a blast if mine looked so much like me....well, I am having a balst right now anyway !!

Do yourselves a favour and get rid of those friends immediately

4 people like this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

The profile pic is not my DD, it is my sister's. I am yet to change it. Anyways, thanks!

I am not bothered, not worried. For me, its a compliment from the God, as I always wanted a girl first, and a girl just like me for unknown reasons. God granted my wish in this case, so I am so thankful to him.

Just curious to know whether it is something true or not?

4 people like this.
  6. Sai3A21

Sai3A21 Platinum IL'ite

Its definitely not a fact - might be a belief!!!

7. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

I never heard this. I only heard people saying that if daughters look like father and sons look like mother its lucky. But i never heard that vice versa ie daughters looking like mother is unlucky. In fact mothers feel proud when anyone says the daughter looks excatly like her mom. Enjoy it.hugsmiley

6 people like this.
  8. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

What kind of belief is this? Your baby will obviously look like you.

Isn't it a nice thing to be like that??

You are lucky :thumbsup

9. sasha17

sasha17 Silver IL'ite

I never heard this. dont bother :)afterall its like pride for a mom , if soemone says ur daughter looks like you:)

Enjoy it:)keep ur DD as ur profile picture:)

10. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

SGBV,

This is something to be proud of. Who said its unlucky?

I've heard of people telling that the other way is lucky but a daughter resembling a mom can never be unlucky. Don't ever waste your time hearing to those people.

Also, a baby's resemblance may change as he/she grows up. Until 10 months my daughter resembled me a lot and I was so happy over that. But, later on it changed and now she resembles more of her dad.

2 people like this.