Mind Over Matter: The Meditation Club

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

So much discussion has taken place here about thoughts, emotions, desires and mind. They are all related. Bundle of thoughts are called the mind. Desires arise out of our thoughts. Positive or negative thoughts generate positive or negative emotions.

Here is how I think I should train myself to look at everything happening around me. I am independent of all these called thoughts, emotions, senses and mind. When I indulge myself into anyone of them, they absorb me deep inside them resulting in I becoming part of them. It is like watching a program in a TV or play a game intensely forgetting the environment around us. Like any other object outside, thoughts, emotions, senses and mind are also objects but they are next to me inside my body unlike the objects that are outside in the world.

If I need to remain independent of each one of them, the best thing to do is to keep observing them. Therefore, I keep moving from one experience to another and one moment to another. I become a receiver of waves like a radio and emit it out immediately. I don't control the experiences that unfolds in front of me but I can control how I deal with them. The moment I let my mind or senses or thoughts or emotions to interpret my experience, I block the passage of this energy and create an impression inside of me. Whether positive or negative, they get stored inside for future recall. When another similar experience happens, I recall it immediately along with associated emotions. Those energies that are blocked inside become impressions or what I call as encryption. Besides, stored areas are no longer used for fresh energy coming in resulting in low flow of energy in my life.

The conscious human have two separate segments and one is called open conscious observing everything happening around him and another called hidden subconscious. This hidden subconscious is what recalls past happenings and predicts future. We don't need to have these two segments if we lead a life in the present moment constantly experiencing something or other. This emptiness is what allows me to be always in my seat of consciousness. That is the only way a conscious human could experience consciousness that is merely a subject unaffected by any experience. In simple terms, I need to become experiencer of each experience which is the subject unrelated to mind, thoughts, desires and emotions which are internal objects just like any other external objects. The experiencer can remain independent of them.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Thyagarajan and Gauri03 like this.
  2. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

"MInd over matter"??? Mind 'IS' (also)matter..isnt it?..[​IMG]

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Viswamitra

@Kalupatti,

There is a saying, when one was asked, "What is in your mind?" he replied, "It doesn't matter" and when asked, "What is the matter?", he replied, "Never mind". :yikes:

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Here's a quick attempt,

1. LOCK — PIANO Key

2. SHIP — CARD Deck

3. TREE — CAR Trunk

4. SCHOOL — EYE Pupil

5. PILLOW — COURT Case

6. RIVER — MONEY Bank

7. BED — PAPER Sheet

8. ARMY — WATER Tank

9. TENNIS — NOISE Racket

10. EGYPTIAN — MOTHER Mummy

11. SMOKER — PLUMBER Pipe

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  5. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Gauri for solving it , I was :confounded: with SMOKER — PLUMBER and PILLOW — COURT

And I messed up TREE — CAR which I thought was Park :laughing:

Gauri03, Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Yes mind is subject matter though it is a process.

7. Thyagarajan

That is to it.
    Regards.

8. Thyagarajan

:hello:That is the reality. Proximity to loved ones and change of place ( another city or village) is one of best methods to overcome depression.
    Thanks and Regards.

9. Viswamitra

@Gauri03,

Thank you for responding to the key words puzzle. You are right on target with the answers. I came to know even the word "Flow" is acceptable for the combination of River-Money combination. SunPa's answer "Park" also appears to be correct for Tree-Car combination.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Your explanation simply reminds me of the NIRVANA SHATKAM by Adi shankara.

Thyagarajan, kaluputti and Viswamitra like this.