Mind Over Matter: The Meditation Club

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Gallant

Gallant Silver IL'ite

I usually mediate for around 20-30 minutes in the morning and evening. For some days, I stopped doing meditation in the evening. Now, today after seeing this thread, and particularly Gauri's post on meditation, I again started doing meditation in the evening (night). I follow Vethathri Maharishi's SKY(Simplified Kundalini Yoga) and meditation. Please join me in your team. Thank you.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Gallant,

We welcome you to not only join us but also share your insights. It is not enough if I welcome you with just words.

Let me share something interesting for you. The song that I am going to share is 5,000 to 10,000 years old, which was sung by Madalsa in Markendeya Purana. It is being practiced worldwide now as people have started appreciating the depth of ancient Indian teachings and its rich culture. First enjoy the video, read and understand the meaning of the song, then start over and listen with eyes closed. Experience the peace it brings and contemplate on the deep meaning of this song by listening with your eyes closed.

Viswa

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Madalasa's son started wailing after hearing a name given to him by his father.

Madalasa says to her crying son:

"You are pure, Enlightened, and spotless.
    Leave the illusion of the world
    and wake up from this deep slumber of delusion.

My Child, you are Ever Pure! You do not have a name. A name is only an imaginary superimposition on you. This body made of five elements is not you nor do you belong to it. This being so, what can be a reason for your crying?

The essence of the universe does not cry in reality. All is a maya of words, oh Prince! Please understand this. The various qualities you seem to have are are just your imaginations, they belong to the elements that make the senses (and have nothing to do with you).

The Elements [that make this body] grow with accumulation of more elements or reduce in size if some elements are taken away. This is what is seen in a body's growing in size or becoming lean depending upon the consumption of food, water etc. You do not have growth or decay.

You are in the body which is like a jacket that gets worn out day by day. Do not have the wrong notion that you are the body. This body is like a jacket that you are tied to, for the frutification of the good and bad karmas.

Some may refer to you are Father and some others may refer to you a Son or some may refer to you as mother and some one else may refer to you as wife. Some say "you are mine" and some others say "you are not mine". These are all references to this "Combination of Physical Elements", Do not identify with them.

The deluded look at objects of enjoyments as giving happiness by removing the unhappiness. The wise clearly see that the same object which gives happiness now will become a source of unhappiness.

The vehicle that moves on the ground is different from the person in it similarly this body is also different from the person who is inside!
    The owner of the body is different from the body! Ah how foolish it is to think I am the body!"

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Sweety2016, jskls and Gauri03 like this.
  4. Gallant

Gallant Silver IL'ite

Thanks, Viswa for sharing.

5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

6. GeetaKashyap

7. GeetaKashyap

8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That's divine music Viswa. Thanks for sharing.

9. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Reminder. : ) Would be a timely thing for me if you could.

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Need a few days to put the material together. Will reply in a couple of days.