1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Min educational requirements for job in US

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by L2job, Dec 22, 2011.

1. L2job

L2job New IL'ite

Hi All ,

I have just landed in US on a L2 visa .

I have a total of 10+3(diploma-regular)+3(Graduation in BCA @ IGNOU)=16 Years of education and 4 yr of exp in graphic/web designing in CMMI level 5 companies in India .

Am I eligible to work in US ? I am not sure about the minimum education required / Visa category required .

Please help .

2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

If you are an L2, just apply for an EAD and you could work for suitable positions.

H1B visa has altogether a regulated requirements. Hope below info helps. Got below details from path2usa.com

Education requirements for H1B

To qualify for the H1B visa category, the prospective H1B employee must

Hold a U.S. bachelor's or higher degree, or the equivalent. The person must hold a U.S. equivalent 4 years bachelor's or higher degree from an accredited college or university.
    If the foreign degree is 3 years bachelor's degree, a 3 years work experience in same or similar field /occupation can be considered to one year of additional education.
    The individual must be fully qualified to lawfully perform the duties of the position offered. For example, in occupations that require a licensure or professional credentials (such as doctor, dentist, attorney, CPA, architect, registered nurse), the individual must already hold such qualification before the H1B visa petition can be filed.

3. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

justmyself is correct. The educational requirements is only for a H1B visa candidate. You are fine. Apply for an EAD and in the meanwhile start looking for jobs. Good Luck!