1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Milestones

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by LakshmiKMBhat, Jan 21, 2014.

1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]Milestones , those stones by the side of the road showing the distance from one place to another have always been a part of our childhood. The distance may have been in miles or in kilometres, but they have always been called milestones or ‘mile kallu’ in Kannada. Kallu is stone.

Every summer vacation in childhood was spent with our grandparents and cousins and close relatives. My father was working in Indian railways and we lived in far away places. We had to come by train and from the station, it was more than an hours distance to our grandparents’ home. We used to count every milestone on the way and getting more and more excited as we had to count lesser to reach our destination. Those were fun days.:)

Milestone also have a humourous side to them. There are people who love to talk and talk. They can talk to anyone, maybe they love to hear their own voices. It is said of them that they will even talk to milestone if there is no one else to talk to!! A reference to this and we immediately know what that person loves most.laugh1smiley

Everything has two or more sides , milestones have a sadder reference too. Whenever I look at them , it comes to me with a force that they have missed so many of the milestones in their development from birth. Some of them have no milestones at all. They just exist. Everything has to be taken care of, if they are lucky there is someone to do that, if they are not, it is difficult to imagine their life. It is also sad to think what their parents must have gone through, waiting in vain to see those milestones.
    Milestones , which are so necessary and so important in every person.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    "There is a place that YOU are to fill that no one else can fill -- something YOU are to do that no one else can do."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]~Plato [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    View attachment 203581

The photo is of one of our country roads.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]