1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Sangeeta85, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

my mil told my son that I belong to different family and explained it to him that my last name is different and his n his family has same last name..he told me this wen we visited India I tried to forget n recently he said it again this is 2 times now .. I m getting angry at him even though mil thought him..
    today told husband he says ignore n will tell my son not to tell me wat grandma says him.. this is wat my genius hubby came up.. I told him this is the reason y I ask him not to sleep in mil room if we don't give she starts fight n cry ..

2. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

how old is your son? if he is big enough to understand,explain how his grandmother also came from a different family and how her last name was different too. You couldnt be from the same family,coz then you would be a sister to your husband ;).If he is still small,just ignore.He will understand all this stuff when he grows up .Just tell him that now you all are one family.Let her teach him whatever she wants,no body can change the fact that you are his mother.Dont be insecure.

3. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

He is 7 .. true but she has done in many things like money matter ,who has more property on name ,who has how much bank balance all ..

4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Does mil live with you now??

5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Ask your son to ask his grandma what was her last name before she came to fil family .

6. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Dear Op,

If your MIL is a temporary visitor at your place, I would suggest you to better ask your husband to intervene as discussing such things with a 7 year old kid is not good and whenever she is discussing all these nonsense things take away your kid from her.

Secondly if your MIL stays with you then ask your MIL to stop these activities else you will be forced to take her to psychiatrist for her treatment (note be firm and tell these things in your husband's presence) and take away your kid from her.

Best wishes.....

Sangeeta85 likes this.
  7. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

OMG! The level to which people stoop to alienate dils!

Tell your son in a cool way that when people marry they originally come from 2 different families and start a new family. Give examples of your in-laws family, yours etc. Tell him that he is exactly half you and half your husband just like you are 50% each your parents and your husband is his. Surnames are only for identification purposes and hold no other relevance. Give examples of different types of surnames people use. Some use paternal family names, caste names, father's first name, even place names, kerala nairs up until a generation back used to use mother's family name.

nakshatra1, BhumiBabe and Sangeeta85 like this.
  8. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

No she does not..

9. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

This she told him when we visited them n she explained him such a way that he remembers n tell me 3 months...

10. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Record your sons statement then call her up and confront her if she denies it play the recording and ask her why she did this to your son, also call your FIL and complain to him about her behavior.

Sangeeta85 likes this.