1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil Sneaking Into My Girl

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by SimplelLife, Apr 2, 2019.

1. SimplelLife

SimplelLife Silver IL'ite

Thanks for replying. She is a cleaver woman.. she would not do it ever. I asked dh to watch some recent Bollywood movie which is playing in the theaters and she was terrified thinking I am planning for myself as well and come on defense saying I can’t keep dd as she don’t know if she will be ok with her alone for so long. I said you don’t need to be. When I went to India dd lost weight and didn’t ate for weeks but she never tried once if she ate anything. She doesn’t come in those people who cares for anyone.
    But yeah I must admit this is a good trick to make her terrified in return.

Chocolatey likes this.
  2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Why not be the bigger person and let your daughter bond with the grandmother and make memories that she will cherish as an adult?

3. SimplelLife

Everyone likes the memories worth cherish for.. but this can never be with certain people especially those who have a habit to poison others life.. and most important here I don’t have a tendency to be bigger person with mean people.

4. SimplelLife

My daughter should know the truth instead of in living in the fairytale. My whole pregnancy is vulnerable because of her poisoning though I was physically alright. That I cried daily in shower .. on couch. My daughter panick very easily.. I sense her anxiety over smallest voice and it don’t stop me linking this to my stressful pregnancy. So do you think I want to be bigger person. She holds no place in my world.

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

No idea what is your MIL's agenda. Not even clear if she really has an agenda. But for sure, going by the storm she's creating in your mind, she is succeeding beyond her wildest dreams and your nightmares. She does not make sweet for Holi, you burn hotter than an effigy. You argue with her about the troubles she created between you and DH. You block her on Fb, whatsapp... You are playing into her ploy (if she has any).

She is not fighting you at your face. That's beautiful. Deal with the rest. If she can influence your toddler daughter while in your house for just 1.5 months... then, the problem is bigger and won't go away when she leaves.

Enjoy life yaar. Let her be. Don't let her occupy so much of your mind's time and real estate.

Anusha2917, Sunshine04 and Laks09 like this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

It appears that the MIL is a short time visitor, and works hard at establishing an acquaintance with who matters (to her) the most in that family.
    A woman who can "influence &make friends" quickly can be easily resented. It is just the way it is.

Sunshine04 and Anusha2917 like this.
  7. SimplelLife

A woman who can influence and make friends is not resented, a woman or man who doesn’t know any boundaries is resented.

8. SimplelLife

Thanks for the insight.
    You just realized me the storm she created in my mind.why the hell I am giving so much importance to these small things.

9. Goahead

Goahead Silver IL'ite

Ageee , you don’t need to be nice to her but let go off the past to have a peaceful mind for yourself .. I did the same with my mil .. I do get very upset even looking at her face and talking to her but I have limited my talks with her now .. you do the same

For your daughter : do things with her and may be reject things politely .. if you are going out with dad , just say we have a play date can’t take you sorry next time ..
    or I want to go alone with her right now , next time ..