1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL is always finding faults in whatever i do

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by bmeerani, Oct 28, 2012.

1. bmeerani

bmeerani New IL'ite

I am a working mother of a 8 year old boy.We are in Hyderabad now.
    My MIL is always finding faults in whatever I do. My FIl is ok no issues with him.

My husband is quite supportive of me and even if she complains about something he never even asks me about it or tells me anything. My kiddo is quite naughty and she really takes care of him well. It is only me she has a problem with.

I try to ignore it most of the times. But there is a limit to the level of tolerance. It makes me go into a bad mood which affects my relation with my DH. He is quite understanding so helps me pass through.
    Please suggest how do i continue ignoring without it affecting my health. I dont want to answer back as this will hurt my DH.

2. sweetytweety24

sweetytweety24 New IL'ite

Just ignore her. Be like a brick wall when she says something to you unnecessarily.
    Just leave the place when she starts finding fault with you.because replying back will make the situation more worse.
    Keep cool for some days and see for any changes in your mil.Then also if she continuing to do the same then it is your husband who should step forward and try to make to his mother understand what damage she is making to the family.

3. SamidhaRS

SamidhaRS Silver IL'ite

4. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Samidha,

That is the most concise and best answer:thumbsup.

@OP,

That thread is a gem. I have personally read and re-read some of the tips for "turning deaf" and practiced it in real life with great success. My personal favourite is soulful's "BLANK STARE ON THE OPPOSITE WALL" - it works like a charm.

I have an extremely naggy FIL who does not do anything at home other than watching TV all day. I wouldnt mind it, but he never lets go of an opportunity to find faults and making sarcastic comments - whether it is my parents, cooking, cleaning, watching the kid, socializing and you name it. He used to drive me into depression in the early days of my marriage, but now he keeps saying things and i behave as if he is invisible and inaudible. He keeps asking irritating questions and never gets a response from me.

2 people like this.
  5. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Sometimes turning deaf and dumb is the only choice u have! :thumbsup