1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil Comments On My Childcare Skills..

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Moonlight89, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Hansa78

Hansa78 Bronze IL'ite

Congrats on delivering a baby girl. Indeed you are blessed...Looks like your m-i-law and s-i-law are very in secured that the baby's arrival might take away the attention of your husband from them. So they r just finding flaws in you by commenting as they know they can win ur husband's side by showing concern to the baby...This is like how celebrities try to get negative publicity.
    Which is truly imature...
    The best thing for you to do is just ignore their talks as u know baby is being well taken care and healthy. If they are too interfering, then just ask them to take any one responsibility about the baby and show how to do it better. Say this nicely in front of your husband. you also sugar coat ur words, just like how they do ...

REGARDS
    HANSA

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2017
  2. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

What a horrible thing to do to a woman when she is at her most vulnerable! You've just given birth, of course your tummy won't go back to it's normal size straight away!
    Stop trying to prove that you are not a bad mother to your mil and sil. They are saying things to your husband, if he comes and tells you what they have said, just reply "is that so?", then carry on doing whatever you are doing. If your mil or sil tells you directly then listen to whatever they say to you, give them a stare for a few seconds and then go back to whatever you are doing. If you don't say anything or respond, then they have no reason to start an argument with you.
    I know how vulnerable you must be feeling right now but trust yourself, you know what is best for your baby, don't let anyone else make you feel like you don't know what you are doing. Most important of all, you are a good mother, don't let anyone else convince you otherwise. Trust your instincts!!

3. AshMenon

AshMenon Gold IL'ite

Life would be a bed of roses if we didn't have MILs and SILs in our lives. :mad:

Like the others mentioned, this is the time for you to enjoy with the baby. I too just had my first baby and she's 5 months old. My In laws are here to take care of DD for 6 months. Just 1 month over, 5 more to go. They had paid a 3 week visit when I had delivered. Mine was an emergency C Section and was recovering. Even then my inlaws never spared a single moment to criticize on the mode of delivery and how careless I am that I had to have an emergency C Section. They always talked as if I didn't eat properly which is why I had to have an emergency C Section and the baby was born early. All this when I was recovering and physically, mentally and emotionally drained. Everytime I wanted to enjoy time with my DD, they used to butt in. I lost few precious moments thinking but these wretched people and the things they said. I regret the moments I lost then.

The in-laws have a clever knack of blaming the DIL or DIL's family in such a sweet way that the ever so stupid DH feels that ONLY his family is capable of taking care of DD. Even now, when I lift my DD or play with her, my MIL keeps commenting in a high voice "lift like this... hold her head high.. etc" though DD's head will be high.. When I tell her DD's head is high only, MIL replies in a very low tone "oh okay.." My DH who just listens to all this, feels I am holding her in a wrong way. So nowadays, even if MIL says something, I just ignore her and pretend am talking to DD and walk away from the room.

In laws will always be like this. Except for a rare %. The MILs & SILs are already miffed that they have to share their Son/Brother with the wife and now with DD also in picture, they feel their hold/control on their son will be lost soon. Ignore all of them, enjoy with your DD.