1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil Blatantly Lies About Me To Hubby & Fil

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Parry22, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Parry22

Parry22 Silver IL'ite

Dumb and silly lies like - 'I told her (me) not to give you brinjal' (when i served hubby with mixed vegetable made my MIL, hubby doesn't like brinjal in mixed veggie - i didn't know cuz i'm kinda newly married)
    And things like - "The knife is lose , i don't even use it' (implying that i use it and i lost it - i was not even home on the day the knife got lost)
    If she is hungry then she will blame it on me, that SHE (me) is hungry, lets have all sit down to eat.

I feel like saying WTF to her. but i'm too submissive to say anything to MIL, plus she is super LOUD , i'm very soft spoken !! I know u ladies will advice me to stand up for myself and give ulta jawab to MIL, but i can't do that. Firstly i'm not used to being spoken to so LOUDLY like MIL. We were taught to speak softly and politely to all. She is just so crude and rude and LOUD!!

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

First off, NEVER EVER tell patidev MIL is a liar . He needs to think you love his MA as much as he does. That’s half the battle won.
    When she says you are hungry , let’s sit to eat, you say: no sasooMa, I ate something so I am not hungry at all. Let’s eat in an hour.
    Either she will faint of hunger or quickly say, I am very hungry, let’s eat RIGHT NOW. Most likely the latter.
    When she blames you for losing the knife, say politely you were the one that cut the brinjals last. Maybe you forgot where you kept it. No worries.
    You don’t have to be rude, but just flash that pretty smile and tell the truth .

Also replying to your query about keeping your privacy intact in a 1BHK, are you working ? How about having to “read “ for work and pretending that you need to focus and concentrate and need to keep the door closed for that. Once the door is closed ( with the pati inside) , you and him can spend quality time quietly . Let the IL’s outside be happy about their sanskari padhaku bahu :)

Adhrita, nakshatra1, Deborah and 6 others like this.
  3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:lol: You have an evil mind. I like that. :thumbsup:

nakshatra1, Sandycandy and momsky like this.
  4. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

my mil still does it it's her time she wants to eat n u have to eat that but u need to stop wen u r newly married itself otherwise u will never ever get control .. . say I m not hungry u eat I will later .. be ready to listen wat she had to say like u spoil health blah blah.. next day u ask them to eat early just. Go smart n cunning really I mean it..

5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Patidev.:smash2::smash2:

Sandycandy and Dishaa like this.
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Haha thanks, comes from my experience of being a D(ev)IL !

nakshatra1, Sunshine04 and Amica like this.
  7. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

She'll show her true colours some how. Dont worry. You dont have to be rude. Next time say in the most politest way 1) ohh no MIL u didnt maybe u told someone else otherwise i would have remembered. Tell me all these things beforehand so I can get it right for my dear husband next time (in the most sweetest tone). Knife- Ohh we will have to buy new ones. It must be lost. Then when u do buy it keep hers separate and if she cant find it. Say I kept mine here so I can find it easily. Where did u last leave it. Hungry- say no MIL I'm not hungry dont worry lets wait another hour so we can all eat together. :cheer: