1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Migrain: Any solutions?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by chatkara_tasty, Jun 18, 2006.

1. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

Re: Migrane problem

hi sangeeta,
    I hope drinking glucose water everyday may feel you better but see to that you get rid of this problem...it may be due to many reasons..it depends on the type of body also.meditation and yoga can reduce but it will take a long time...but the results will be very good..try doing meditation/yoga everyday..or ..consult a doctor...i believe in natural ways to cure...

2. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Re: Migrane problem

hi sangeetha,

Natural methods:

1) Mix Vilva leaves powder along with honey and have, whenever you have the pain or daily.
    2) Grind Kumkuma flower (Saffron) with breast milk and can be applied on the forehead.
    3) Boil Red Chilli vatral, Pepper in Gingelly oil and have head bath weekly once applying this oil on the head (massage).
    4) Applying Sukku (Dry Ginger) on the forehead is also effective.

I have few other remedies too. But those ingredients are available only in Herbal shops in Chennai.

regards,

Vanaja

1 person likes this.
  3. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi sangeeta,
    Yoga and daily 1/2 hour of meditation is the best remedy for migraine..
    Hope u get rid of u'r pain soon
    Ramya

1 person likes this.
  4. piu

piu New IL'ite

Hello Dear,
    I have migrain too.what I used to do is take a tylenol tablet brushing and massaging my scalp with finger above 15-30minutes. switch off the TV ,Computer and light immediately relax for an hour.this make me relief from heavy pain.
    you could try this also.
    take care
    piu

5. arch174

arch174 Senior IL'ite

hi,
    I was also a sufferer of migraine probs now greatly relieved..
    i will share my knowledge with u,
    1) migraine occurs mainly due to acid level increasing in body..mainly becoz of not eating regularly..long periods of remaining hungry is chief cause..have some liquid/solid every 2-3 hrs
    2) if headaches occurs after food..try rubbing ginger juice+sindhav salt on forehead..taking care it does not enter eyes
    3) if headache due to sunrays..try keeping a small wet (damp)towel on head..use tap water only.......try to avoid red color clothes if regularly suffering from migraine
    4) the head(crown) should NEVER be hot on touching..the body heat is excess...not gud in long run
    5) acupressure on big segment of both thumb for 2 mins should give relief
    pl give feedback

6. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Heena,

I am one of those who gets severe migraine and nothing I did ever was helpful to contain my migrain in the last 2 years or so.

Miraculously, being summer in the US now, I have been eating grapes (the tine sweet seedless ones ) every single day.. a handful of grapes every single day and now I am not getting any migrain the last month or so. I read about it somewhere in the net, but for the first time I started doing it to test if it works and :yes: It worked for me. Its almost a month now, not a single episode of migraine and I am happier and helthier now.

One important note is that I never missed eating grapes even a single day for the fear of getting migraine and hence I have developed a sort of dependency on grapes..which is ok.., if it is not for migraine, it helps for boosting calcium in my body.

So, go for it and see for yourself, it costs less than the medication and doc's fees.

:2thumbsup: Geeth Priya.

7. arch174

arch174 Senior IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    I read about ur grape cure..have u tried the same with other fruits which r high in sugar content e.g. figs,apricots,mangoes etc becoz I feel tthe basic cause of ur migraine problems is falling blood sugar levels
    If possible give me FB

8. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Arch174,

I tried only grapes bcos I like grapes a lot..especially the tiny sweet seedless variety. About the other fruits, I don't like any of them mentioned by you as I am not fond of many fruits except bana, apple, grapes and guava. So the option of trying out with other fruits is a nonexistent one for me.

Well, when I am perfectly happy with my Grapes (solution) why seek somethingelse. Honestly, I am not sure if it is grapes or anythinglese that helped my migraine, but nothing in my life is different now except tons of grapes consuption:mrgreen: Hence I correlate my migrain to grapes!!!!!!!!

Yoga, meditation etc, not an immediate solution anyway...The major issue that is being pointed out as the singlemost cause for migraine is hormonal imbalance in my case due to peri menopause. As for other ladies in our IL family, I strongly guess it is their husbands:yes:

Have a migrainefree day,
    Geeth Priya

9. lakshmit

lakshmit Bronze IL'ite

Dear IL's,
    Have read ur suggestions and let me try to follow it... Right from day one of my periods i didn't have headache, but after delivery of my baby i found that every month either on the 3rd day or 4th or sometimes the 6th day i get severe headache and i cannot eat anything that day... I won't feel hungry.. Even if i take horlicks i'll be puking that... I showed to doctor in india they said it's called periods migrane and even we don't know why it comes and all i've to do is to take a pill (metacin or crocin)...
    I never take a tablet right from my childhood... Yesterday i had my head scan for an hour... Even the doctor in U.S is unable to find it... he also says to take a medicine... this time i strictly told him to find out the cause.. Then he suggested me to do MRI...
    Can anybody suggest for this kind of migraine... Applying ur suggestions i also wanted to say one day that i totally got rid of this...

love..
    lakshmi.

10. jayasree05

jayasree05 Senior IL'ite

hi eljaype
    even i have migrane problem once head ache starts, it comes down only if i vomit fully, mine is also gastric based , please give me the remedy for that. is there any particular treatment for that.waiting for your reply
    jayasree