Mid School Year Admission

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by poonamgav, Jan 8, 2019.

1. poonamgav

poonamgav New IL'ite

Hi,

Our visa extension is denied. My daughter is in 6th grade. We are going back to India (Mumbai). Does anyone know if we can get admission in the mid of the school year in Mumbai? Please let me know what are the options.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    Poonam

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

In India, it’s almost syllabus completion time as summer is nearing in 2 months. So I doubt if admission is possible this time.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Start calling schools right now. I went to India one Jan and got admission for my DD in a school in B'lore(1st grade). We did the regular CBSE school and they were ok to give admission. They see so many kids coming from the US, they told me until 7th grade, they are ok admitting and teaching them.
    Hope you find admissions. If not in regular schools, you could try an international school. Fees are upwards of 8-10L range in Blr for reputed ones with IB syllabus. Not sure in Mumbai. Good part about IB is they follow the curriculum close to the schools here, language starts only in the 5th grade, their second term has just started, giving your DD time to settle before their June finals.
    I'm sorry about your visa situation. Good Luck!