Mid academic year admissions

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by chen2chic, Sep 16, 2009.

1. chen2chic

chen2chic New IL'ite

Hi All,

I would like to know if there are any schools in Chennai which allow admissions after the academic year has started. We are in Chicago, IL planning to relocate sometime next year.
    I have a 3 yr old who right now goes to a Montessori Preschool nearby. I am expecting my second child in early February 2010, so the earliest that I would be able to come to Chennai may be June 2010 or later.
    And I guess the admissions for 2010 are over by then. Are there any chances that I could try admitting her in academic year 2010?
    Also what is the admission procedure for NRI kids of age 3-4? Like all parents I too am aiming for schools like DAV, Vidya Mandir, PS, PSBB etc... but would be great if any of you can give me more info on the schools and academics in the current years. Though I studied in Chennai till my 12th, I will be wrong in rating schools based on info almost 16 yrs back.

Look forward to your replies. thanks in advance!
    -Deepa

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Deepa

You can always ask your people in chennai to pick up the applications in the schools you are trying for admission, and then send in a request for coming in for admission at a a later day. if it is june it will not be a problem. as the academic year starts in june in chennai. middle of the academic year, feasiblity is upto august before the quarterly exams after that, it depends on the school

lot of schools have been discussed, every other question you have asked has been discussed so thoroughly in this forum. do take the time to check out patiently.