Microwave ovan

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by g3sudha, Jan 11, 2012.

1. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

I Plan to buy microwave ovan, which brand is best
    what are the feature to be there?

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Can you please mention the place/country you are planning to buy? This helps ILs to answer your query better as brands and models vary from country to country.

3. 2bkind

2bkind Silver IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

I have a personal experience of using LG, IFB, electrolux and Panasonic microwave ovens. All of them are good and it basically and personal preference and cost which may sway your decision.

Points you have to keep in mind while choosing a MW oven are:
    1) It is better to get a stainless steel finish for the inside of the oven instead of powder coated options.
    If there is a scratch inside a powder coated oven, it may not function well.
    2)I would suggest that you go for a model with microwave, grill and convection options. Microwaves with convection can also be used for many recipes requiring an OTG.
    3) Choose the capacity , keeping in mind the size of your family and dishes you may prepare... think about the size of the tray /vessels you will be putting inside to gauge the capacity you need.
    4) whatever brand you choose, find out if they have a service center near your residence, so incase of any problems, you can get it fixed.

2 people like this.
  4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Before buying the microwave oven, think well whether you really need one. Very few people put it to proper use, the rest to reheat and pop corn.

1 person likes this.