1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Met The Doctor Regarding My Anxiety And Stress...

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by anika987, Aug 20, 2018.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Vitamin D is an important Vitamin. If one have normal levels (above 30 ng/ml) they dont have to take it and can depend on food for it. Anything above 150 is toxic for our body.

When it is low it affects calcium absorption efficiency. It may lead to osteoporosis later ( for mothers, their baby can have a chance for Rickets) . Even if we take calcium supplement, lack of Vit D prevent its absorption. So its important to monitor it. If its below 10 ng/ml its critically low. The low levels of Vit D can affect our immunity and its link to autoimmune diseases ( for example hashimoto that lead to thyroid issue , IBD etc.), heart diseases etc is already proved. It can also affect our mind. Vitamin D is suggested even for depression.

Its called sunshine vitamin. In tropical countries, now a days people stay inside more, so their chance of getting vitamin D goes down. Our skin don't have much ability to make Vitamin D from sunlight compared to Caucasians. We are engineered to live in tropical region with lot of sunlight. If we live in US for many years, there is a great chance for vitamin D deficiency.

OP, if you go to doctor ask for blood test, make sure you dont have thyroid issues, not anemic and do not have Vitamin D deficiency. These can make your body weak and influence your mind. A healthy body only will lead to a healthy mind.

[I had critically low Vitamin D, noted only when I got auto-immune thyroid issue plus IBD. I can feel the change when it reached above 30. My aim is to reach Vit D levels of around 70 ng/ml , so supplementing it. Please don't ignore if you have any vitamin D deficiency]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    lavani likes this.