1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Mental Health Of Parents With Special Needs Kids

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Laks09, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

A practical list.
    I would like to add one more to the list which might help at least some people.
    * Keep the conversation going between you and your partner. You may talk about the same thing over and over. It is the best therapy for both because no one can understand and feel the way you too.

startinganew and Laks09 like this.
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Topaz49 - Thank you for the input. It’s very important for both parents to be able to talk to each other and be in sync with whatever is going on with the kids.

3. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

It is also therapeutic ! Even if it is repeating the same thing, it helps to release the stress. been there ...

Laks09 likes this.
  4. bubble09

bubble09 New IL'ite

Hello Mums,

Asking this for a close friend ... she is really worried about her boy ...
    he has been identified with special needs... he is becoming very rude and developing opposing behaviour... friend is struggling a lot and too much concerned for him... does numerology helps ...
    Please please advise

thanks ,

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2020
  5. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

@bubble09 she can check numerology which gives some peace of mind if she needs to do any Pooja. To be honest I did the same for my son when I can to know about my son need as initially I was shattered...

Your friend need sometime to accept her kid needs.

But don't delay please act soon, earlier therapy benefits more. I am unsure what that kid diagnosis. Please consult neurologist immediately, based on recommendation starts the therapy soon .