1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Menstrual Cramps!!The worst part of being a woman!

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by varalakshmi24, May 25, 2013.

1. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

i can so relate to all this.

this thread got me thinking, and it took me back to grade 3 when i was the only girl in class who had started her periods. i had to miss my school picnic then, beacause i got them just then. my ma didn't allow me to go, and i was so disheartened!!

then once in grade 5, i forgot to wear my pad, and my poor aunt rushed to school to give me one.

in high school i used to suffer alot from cramps, back ache and my legs used to hurt really bad, because i suffer from pcos. my friends could never understand my pain, they all had painfree periods...ya only someone who has pcos can understand my condition.

i can tell you a funny incident...i was sitting in the school lib, with my head down on the table as my stomach was cramping badly, and one of my guy friends, walked by and said...oh you're having your periods again!
    i was like what??? and he goes.. ha yaar tujhe to bohot pain hota hai..i know, since you're sitting like that, you're pmsing
    i was like what????

he said it seriously and sympathetiacally.

i remember my first month in college hostel, my gyneac had induced my periods, since i had missed them for months.
    and the pain was soooooooooooooo bad, i could actually feel them like contractions, like contracting and relaxing. i got so scared, i thought i will have to ask my friends to take me to the ER in the middle of the night.

bu my worst experince was when i was in my 3rd year of college. my periods went on for 3 weeks, and the flow was ssoooo heavy like some dam has been broken. it was during my uni exam study leave. i coud not go to the lib, i was busy going to the bathroom and coming out. my friends were really supportive during this time.

so you see, me and mentrual cramps are so much a part of each other's life, we are inseparable!!!

but now they have given me a bit of relief since a few years, thank you so much my dear cramps!!

1 person likes this.
  2. varalakshmi24

varalakshmi24 Silver IL'ite

Wow that was a revelation!Explains a lot!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  3. varalakshmi24

varalakshmi24 Silver IL'ite

Nice post! Just reading it gave me sympathy pains! I totally relate to your post too.. The constant goining in and out of bathroom is one of the worst features of these days!

Also in school it used to be very embarrassing trying to hide this secret from boys! ( Was a big deal then) I remember after each trip to the sick room guys would ask me what happened what happened.?And if i told them head ache or fever they would remind me last month also you had head ache!!In all earnestness of course

1 person likes this.
  4. mini1

mini1 Bronze IL'ite

I guess we all have had our bad days. I usually avoid exertion, drink lots of water, take a nap when possible, eat light but 4 times a day to avoid throwing up!

I don't take pain killers. Just endure it and wait for that day to end!!

5. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

it depends on individual body.you can drink milk if you want.but eggs are really good if you cant take it daily,u can take 3 or 4 in a week.

6. alishaverma

alishaverma New IL'ite

Plz tell me ladies about severe pain during period times.

Plz give me some suggestion

7. Chev23

Chev23 New IL'ite

Dear Friend, take a pain killer with mefenamic acid such as ponstan - not sure what it is called where you live but there are many generic brand names. Make sure you check with your doctor to suggest a brand.

8. alishaverma

alishaverma New IL'ite

Mmedicn in period is not good for health

9. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

do these pains remain the same after child birth?:confused2:

i had a lot of them, terrible in my opinion, crying was the only option left to me. since past 8th months am on a natural leave :party
    but only one more month left for me thats why asking this question.......

but you all may find this weird but my period pains were time bounded, thanks to god... i had these pains till only 1 o clock in noon :exactly:
    so i used to just watch my clock for the pain to go away, it would go as if it never existed...
    it was a natural clock kind of thing........strange , but i liked it......... :)

10. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

its a wonder... :confused2:when everyone around me... has been complaining about these pains... i feel i am missing something... used to feel some defect in me that i dont get so much pain... (doesnt mean i have no pain at all.. .i have pain but that is tolerable!)

the "cramping" i ever felt till date was when they started me on the saline drip half hour before my scheduled 1.15 p.m. CS and was taken to OR at 12.50..but procedure was started around 1.40 or so... till then i was in pain as it was cramping... (delay was because the gyn was stuck in traffic in some place and was late to reach the hospital!) they held my hand and my legs too... i couldnt do anything on the OT table (it is so narrow and also with hand and feet held by nurse what could i do??) i was literally teary and felt like hitting the gyn and scolding the nurses!:rantWitsend

otherwise Almighty has spared me of the terrible pains "during those days"! Thank you :bowdown