1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mensa

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by nayidulhan, Dec 17, 2018.

1. lakssubbu

lakssubbu Senior IL'ite

You can check the information mensa website. Got this one from About Mensa - FAQs | British Mensa
    Does your IQ change as you get older?
    Not generally. IQ tests are age adjusted, basically to take account of youth and inexperience (under 18) or age and diminishing speed. The reason is that, as we get older, diminishing speed and spatial awareness are balanced by having more knowledge and experience to draw on to solve problems.

Keeping your mind active as you grow older will help maintain your cognitive faculties, although of course degenerative brain conditions can affect this.

2. lakssubbu

lakssubbu Senior IL'ite

I was looking for details on mensa for my daughter and got the info from the mensa uk website

3. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Thanks Lakshmi for your reply. How old is your daughter now? Asking because I too am interested in MENSA for my daughter. :)

Could you please tell me what kind of preparation you are planning? I know that the test has these 3 components- verbal, quantitative and logical reasoning and the time limit for the test is around 2 and 1/2 hours. Thinking of making a plan of action to follow for the preparation. Hope I get some pointers.

4. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

armummy, could you please share what kind of signs (of a gifted, talented and genius child) did your niece show that prompted you to ask her parents to take up cognat? Asking so as to see if my child and I should undertake this exercise at all? :)

5. lakssubbu

lakssubbu Senior IL'ite

Sorry for the late reply. im just using all the online resources available. Best of luck