1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Men seeking earning wives are shame for those men who need wives only not money.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Romantic2014, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Romantic2014

Romantic2014 Bronze IL'ite

In my opinion, a man is traditionally expected to be providers for his family including dependents on him. He should be able to maintain them on his own earning. He should not be looking for earning wives for cozy comfortable lives or for financially maintaining the family. If he does, he should not be counted as true man except for his physilology and anatomy. Matrimonial advertisements like "Working brides required" are just shame for menfolks who have no eyes for wive's income . My questions to ladies here is, how do you view such men and how they manage to get ultimately working wives? Why working women or their families respond to them?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    3 people like this.

2. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Perception lies in ones eyes...and so is the thread's title here...Gone is the world where all that mattered was WHAT MAN WANTS....now its what the COUPLE Wants...In today's world...the gals are well educated and loves to be independent and work for their passion for work and nothing wrong if they wanna earn and support their spouse...NO MEN is not mean if he expects to have earning wife...Its an individual's choice and with increase in life style expenses...its need for the couple to work....I here donot mean to say the ladies who opts tno be house wifes are less educated or dont have passion...they are equally passionate and its again their choice...to work or not...
    I am married and working....My husband has no eyes on the money I earn...but he will not act immature also like he is parking car and I book cinema tickets from my money...He has no such ego that me being his WIFE should not pay....

Men who thinks men allowing wives to work are greedy needs to grow up ....coz every where there is a black sheep among white sheeps...so not all men expects working wife for need of money...

I see nothing wrong in wife working if she can balance both work & home with support of her spouse...yes...if wife can work as well as look after home same falls for men too...and my DH does help me a lot with house hold chores and now a days many men helps their wives in household chores so hats off to all those men and women who works hand in hand rather than leading eachother.

8 people like this.
  3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

What's the wrong that if any one wants to have earning wife. if he wants to share financial burden . I feel even if it is good for their future and kids and everything. They can have better future with no or very less compromise.

Wrong is when Man want earning wife but do not help her in other works (just want wife to earn money and fulfill all responsibility of home without any help. Wrong is there where Man wants earning wife but don't want to let wife spend money per her wish.

Neither their is any shame if wife wants her DH to support/help her in all including house hold works.

PS - I am full time working mom who earn equivalent to DH and has full freedom on spending money. My DH always wanted to have earning wife and I don't see anything wrong.

7 people like this.
  4. persecutedDIL

persecutedDIL Gold IL'ite

Am I back to the 18th century India ? Huh

7 people like this.
  5. scale

scale Silver IL'ite

How do they managed to get working wives? Because there are millions of women out there who prefer to work after marriage.!!

While you are blaming the guys who are looking for working wives, there is another group of girls blaming the guys who prefer 'non-working' girls.

Ultimately, its all about finding the right choice.!!

5 people like this.
  6. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

I see it as both parties responsibility to carry the financial responsibility of the family. Women are not weak creatures that have to be taken care of. They are educated and smart and if course they should participate in the society. Household chores and cooking are also equalky mens responsibility. A man who cannot cook will have a hard time to find a wife in todays "market".

2 people like this.
  7. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Crayoness, its easy to sit in finland or US or UK and write that (ur last sentence). But if u go to India and see reality, then u will find its not that hard at all - "even in todays market"

4 people like this.
  8. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Why should a woman's decision to work be dependent on someone else choice? A lot of very highly educated women choose to work because it fulfills them and frankly money is just a bonus and not necessity to them. And even if it is a necessity, which world are we living that if a man would like his wife to help him or if a wife would like to contribute to her family's financial well-being, it is considered such a bad thing?

Husband and wife help each other- financially or otherwise. One does not serve the other. In today's world if a man cannot pull his weight not just financially but domestically as well (including being a hands-on dad), shame on him. In that case, the wife is an enabler letting her husband get away with his immaturity and selfishness.

4 people like this.
  9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Only the couple - between themselves - can figure out what works for them, in terms of who's hands-on or hands-off. As long as the two of them are able to manage their 'unique arrangement', then I suppose its no one else's business on who does what, or what the allocations are, or are not and whether its proportional or disproportional, no one else's business that.

Problem happens when they cannot come to an agreement on what works between them, and then it starts becoming a bigger issue.

If you are a person who needs certain type of arrangement - talk to your potential partner before the marriage and discuss it. If you are more ok with a 'traditional role', then talk about it and discuss that too. Dont wait until the thali or ring, and then tear your hair (or each other's hair) apart.

6 people like this.
  10. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Times have changed now. Men and women have diluted their traditional roles for a variety of inevitable reasons and unavoidable circumstances.

However while the edifice of marriage is bombarded by ever rising waves of change every effort will be made to save the ancient institution; and the need for "Working brides required" is just an effort in this direction.

Infact I would say no one can fault those zealously keen on protecting the institution of marriage.