Memorable Valentine's Day Gift - Photo Contest - February 2011

Discussion in 'Photo of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

Valentine's Day is just around the corner !!!

It’s the best time to express your deep love and affection with gifts and surprises and make the day the most memorable one.

The contest for February 2011 is…

Memorable Valentine's Day Gift

Have you have received a Valentine Day Gift from a loved one that you just can't forget? Has your spouse, partner or friend ever surprised you the sweetest gift on this day? If yes, then this contest is for you.

Take a picture of the gift and post it on here. Also, tell us why that present special is for you and who presented it to you.

How do I participate in this contest?

To participate in this contest, post the photo of your "own" Valentine's day gift pictures in your public album. Then provide the link in this thread to the Valentine's day gift pictures posted in your public album.

Read this FAQ on how to post the picture in your public album:
    How to upload pictures to my public / private album?

Note:
    • An IL-ite cannot post more than 3 Pictures.
    • Please do not to post any personal photographs.
    • No copy-pasting pictures from other sources (like websites, books, magazines, emails etc.).
    • This Contest ends on 25th, February.
    Have fun participating in the contest !!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites,

I am sharing with you the picture of the valentine's day gift i received from my loving husband. We got married on Jan26th and the valentine's day fell within few days of our marriage. The gift which i still cherish is a beautiful Titan watch. It was a surprise my DH gave me on a romantic dinner table. I find it so special because i never had or bought a watch for myself. Its the first watch in my life so far. I Proudly wear it daily which brings me wonderful nostalgic moments of our happy romantic dinner.[​IMG][​IMG]

I tried to capture the picture with some romantic look by placing the hearts (amigurumi) & roses (crocheted) made by me. Hope you liked the presentation too.

Here is the link to " My Valentine's day Gift"

I thank Malathy & IL team for providing this wonderful opportunity to share my cherished gift with a wonderful nostalgic moment.

Thanks for joining me.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  3. SLV

SLV Gold IL'ite

HI IL'tes,
    Am here to share my Romantic story.
    'Same pinch' Mimur9, the gift is quite similar to what you got, ofcourse with a different mood!! Do read on....

A Long story...........but Happy ending :thumbsup

The first V-day- 9mths after our marriage.
    I was quite thrilled coz i actually had a Valentine!! But then wasn't expecting much as my DH had said it loud and clear (at the very beginning) that he doesn't like the whole idea of V-day and also doesn't have a habit of gifting on occasions. He had said he would rather buy a gift when he feels like gifting........The mood was even sad as it was his Grandmother's Death Anniversary- which is an annual ritual at his place. Its a whole day affair, which means no dinner, no outing nothing. How complimenting isn't it!!..........So by now you know....all spirits low and i wasn't expecting much. Honestly...nothing :thumbsdown

He generally takes the day off for the rituals and he was at home. He borrowed my bike (Honda Activa) keys saying a reason and was away for a couple of hours. House chores and guests kept me occupied. Then evening i was serving coffee to guests and DH returns the keys and asks me to check the bike. Now am wondering what could have possibly gone wrong?? I didn't take it seriously and later in the evening i went to the garage and thought would go for a drive and i happened to open the compartment below the seat to fetch my scarf.......................and i didn't believe what i found!!! A V-DAY GIFT................:eek:mg:!!! i was jumping with joy :queen!!

It was an elegant Titan watch (i had showed it to him on one of our outings and had said i did want to buy a thin non-black strapped watch).........and see what i got!!

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/members/133451-albums2647-picture11527.html

He had been thoughtful enough to buy me a gift....and i gift that i did love.
    4yrs now and i continue to wear the same watch. I love my gift.
    Of course he is more precious to me than anything else :thumbsup!!

Cheers!

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Srilakshmi (SLV) a very nice gift you have got that too so surpirsing. I could imagine 'how many watts' brighten up that loving gift would have brought you that evening. ([​IMG] [​IMG]) :rotfl

May god bless you and your DH with more such cehring moments in your life and with health, wealth and happiness. May you both be together likes this always, dear.

My best wishes for winning the contest.:):thumbsup

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
    SLV likes this.
  5. SLV

SLV Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for all the kind and sweet words Mira. Truly, very kind of you.

Yes, that gift did brighten up my weary day. I made up for all the low moments that day!

I do see the happy romance in your relation too. Wish you many many years of joyful togetherness.
    Good luck to you too!

mimur9 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites

I am sharing hear my gift from my ILite friend Ganges. I will treasure it as a Valentine gift from her as this was given by her in this month. I had gone to Trichur for an engagement. From there went to Vaikom to my sis in law's place. I had told Ganga in advance that I will be coming to Tripunithura where my another sis in law stays. She was very happy to hear that and told me to inform her when I land there. On 31st I had gone to Tripunithura to see my sis in law and family and phoned Ganga and told her that I will be coming to my sis in law's house to stay on 1st Feb . She was very happy and told me to phone her when I go there on 1st Feb. On 1st Feb when I phoned her she was very anxious to see me, though I told her I will come to her place on 2nd Feb. It was so nice of her to visit me in my sis in law's place with her husband and that too in the night time. We were so happy to see each other and she was telling me the next day that her dh was saying I did not feel that both of you were meeting the first time . You both we talking as if you know each other for ages she was telling.

On 2nd Feb I went to her house in the morning after going to the temple. She gave me yummy adai with chutney . I told her I like pickle very much, she gave me a packet of pickle also but so sad that I forgot in her house only.

We had a long chat about IL and other things and I was so glad to receive a jewellery set from her made by her which I will always treasure. I am very fond of jewellery and she was saying she knew that I am fond of it thats why she made and gave me. She also gave Durga Matha , Matha looking so beautiful and also a diya like which has two hands for my dh. I have kept the Durga Matha in my God's stand.

Here is the link http://www.indusladies.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2654

Ganga thank you so much for the lovely gifts you gave me. I will treasure it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  7. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    Just happend to see this competition and wanted to share one of the best surprises my dear husband had given me last yr.we both have been showering with gifts and surprises on and off on our b'days and anniversary.This one is so close to my heart as i was surprised with the gift he both and the way he unfolded it.Here goes the story....

My husband's work demands frequent tours to other places which at times r very lengthy(1-3months).In the 1st week of jan last yr he had to rush to Delhi and told me he is not sure of the date he would return back.(It didn't sound wierd as most of the time its like that).Later i was busy with my work at school, that i kept note of dates.It was sunday that day i woke up lazy as i was so tired with school work and the social activities at our campus above all i was fed up of loneliness for almost more than a month.
    In the evening went as usually went to fetch the weeks grocery,then i noticed that the shops and small make shift shops on the pavements full of bouquets,cards and red heart shaped hoardings,i felt so bad that i hadn't wished my husband on 'The Valentine's Day'.Thinking to call once i reach home i returned and called him and wised him and had a casual talk.
    At about 8'oc i was abt to prepare dinner, i hear my door bell,wondering who would it be at that hr i opened the door and to my surprise it was my husband.:wow:wowI wasn't in the wildest of my dreams was expecting him,He handed me a card and my fav pastries and kulchas(stuffed bread)which he picked up on the way to home.After some :kiss, he rushed to freshen up,i was busy making some soup to add up with the food he bought home.By the time he changed i set the table for us with steaming mix-veg corn soup,kulchas and pastries.
    He comes to me and puts a small box with a neat blue satin knot in my hand. I eagerly opened it and it was a beautiful pendant and eat-rings from 'Swarovski'. I had tears of joy and said "you r the best thing i could have asked for on this day and ever".He says that he wants the "Seventh Valentine's Day" after our marriage to be memorable with something i always wanted.And said that its all planned as his return from camp was on the same day which he was aware before he left.
    Here i share the beautiful gift my husband gifted me last Valentine Day.I always thought that he is clueless in selecting jewellery,which he always claims.
    Here is the link : http://www.indusladies.com/forums/members/131998-albums2655.html
    bye!
    Wishing u all a very Happy Valentine's Day in advance.
    sudha

8. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji,

I saw your write up in this contest and am honoured. You are always very generous while appriciating others. Thank you very much dear friend.

ganges

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ganga

I wanted to pm and tell you that I have posted in this contest. But forgot, good you saw yourself. Anything given with love should be appreciated, that is my policy

10. hitaksh

hitaksh New IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

Its wonderful to know the suspence of your valentine gift. You are really very lucky to have so caring and loving hubby........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.