1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Memorable Meeting

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Oct 18, 2018.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Wow sir ,so nice that you met MGR!
    I was imagining every line you described. Guests in the marriage would have been very happy to see such a popular celebrity

Viswamitra and Amica like this.
  2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one, Viswa. It's interesting to picture you as an awestruck youngster. :)

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@shravs3,

I would be excited even if I have to meet him now. Just imagine, how excited I was when I was 21. In the wedding he was very patient to wait for taking so many photographs. He had his own security team that visited the wedding to ensure there was no risk for him to visit the wedding. Since the wedding was in T.Nagar, he didn't have to ride a long distance.

Viswa

shravs3 likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Amica,

I really enjoyed meeting with him. You know how in traditional Brahmin families, interacting with someone who doesn't believe in God is a taboo. However, I realized through this meeting that worshiping God has nothing to do with the behavior of human beings. He is one of the best host and demonstrated a very high level of humility.

Viswa

Mistt, shravs3 and Amica like this.
  5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

With all the clues about the celebrity you people met, vividly described by you, there was no need to torture our brains, about the identity of the celebrity, unlike the kisu kisus that appear regularly in the media. It is quite surprising about the way you handle serious as well as light hearted subjects with ease.
    It was decades back, that I had the opportunity of seeing all the Tamil film stars, courtesy my paternal cousin’s wedding, who married the daughter of a leading film music director. The crowds at the gate, to have a glimpse of the popular stars was beyond control, but I had the best view of each one of them, with me standing at the reception table, sprinkling rose water. Enjoyed your write up very much.
    Agatha83

Viswamitra likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Dear Agatha,

Someone who is a long-time citizen of Chennai for so many decades, I expected finding the celebrity as eating a piece of cake. Kisukisus are designed to give some guessing on the part of the readers. The fur cap gives away everything besides all my preambles.

Isn't amazing to see so many stars at the same time in one wedding? I had a similar experience when I attended my uncle's wedding. He used to be a film director, producer and now a comedian who acted over 1000 movies. This uncle (mother's brother) of mine is just 6 months older than me. Believe me, those days, it was entirely possible for mother and daughter to be pregnant at the same time.

I have seen only one of his movies directed by him and felt good about his directorial touch and the movie's name is "Pillai Nila".