1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Memorable Birthday

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 3, 2017.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

June 30th 2017 was a memorable day. Had gone for my husband's niece's s grandson's 1st Birthday.to Pune. Got up at 4 a.m. in the morning as I have todo archana to Devi, being Friday. We had to leave at 6 am . I was ready by that time but my husband was cool reading Bhagvad Gita and we left after 6.15. a.m and reached Thane after 6.30 a.m. The train was at 7.35 but came 10 mins late. We reached Pune a little late and my husband's niece had come to pick us up and we had a warm welcome from her husband and son when we reached home. We already had breakfast but his niece was asking whether she should make dosa , when we said no gave us Samosa . We had yummy lunch.

The birthday party was in a hotel and me and his niece went first . They were decorating. After 7.30 pm the guests started coming. Met relatives and friends. Then the cake was cut , cake was very nice . Then later they had two games . As there was no time did not have more games. First was musical chair and I won. The organiser was telling you all eat pizza but see she eats good food and so this age also she is active. To make me more happy he told me you are lookingyoung,gorgeous etc. He asked me whether I want water. Then when the other game was there he asked me are you tired or ready to tak epart, I told him I am ready. It was late and everyone started having dinner. Later we also had dinner and by the time we reached home it was after 11.30 pm. Enjoyed the birthday party . Niece's grandson also enjoyed very much and one little girl was playing with him and making him laugh. He also enjoyed the birthday a lot.

Next day had yummy breakfast and lunch in niece's house . . .My husband had some problem in his leg . So niece's son noticed and he called his friend who is Doctor's Assistant and is more like a Doctor. WE heard news that my sister in law who had come to Mumbai to see her sister who is not well had come with her sister's son, dil and daughter, she had fits and admitted in the hospital. So we were all worried about her. She is 85 years old. She could not recognise anyone on Saturday til evening..Yesterday she could recognise but when we went she was sleeping and they said not to disturb her. We went to my brother in law's house had lunch there and my husband's another sister's son, daughter and dil came with us home. Today again went to bil's house as sister in law was discharged and they all left for Kerala. Hope she reaches Kerala safely and no problem is there. .My husband had some problem in his leg . So niece's son noticed and he called his friend who is Doctor's Assistant and is more like a Doctor. He prescribed some medicines and lotion and niece's son bought the medicines but did not take money from me. I am blessed to be a part of a family where all are very loving andcaring especially the nieces and nephews and their children.The Doctor's assistant came and prescribed some medicines and lotion and niece's son bought the medicines but did not take money from me. I am blessed to be a part of a family where all are very loving andcaring especially the nieces and nephews and their children. We had to take the train at 3.30 pm and leave at 2.45 pm. Niece , her daughter and her husband and grandson came to leave us at the station. The train was late and we reached home at 7.45 pm

Raniz and teenulahari like this.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear viji maami,
    nice reading of the nice time u had with your relatives. It was almost like sitting across you and listening to the happenings of your day:) I find there are some repetitions in the post, probably because the upload was slow or so.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Joy for the first and only feedback so far and.Glad you felt sitting across and listening to me. I could notcorrect the repitition as edit option is not there. Came to know only after reading your post. Thank you

4. SharadaIyer

SharadaIyer Senior IL'ite

vijji akka i love the way you narrate things. it gives a feel as being with you in person.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome dear to my thread and glad you like my narration
    Welcome to my thread and glad to know u like my narration