1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Meal Prep

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Kaput, Aug 21, 2018.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @dhivyacc
    Today my menu is also pudalangai (snake gourd poricha kootu).

I am glad you worked without tension. That makes a whole lot of difference to the whole day.

Kaput, Laks09 and dhivyacc like this.
  2. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Great thread @Kaput, as always awesome ideas are shared by @kkrish and @Laks09!!

I have been meal prepping since more than 2yrs now(inspired from time management thread), it made my life easier, having healthy and home cooked meals, spending more time with kids and of course helping my traveling husband who takes curries and just make oats/rice/roti(store brought) as he needed.

I prepare meal plan on friday eve, do shopping on Sat morning then We (yes DH helps too) do cooking marathon on Sundays, we make small quatities of 4 curries and finish off as we get that out, by friday we may have leftover here and there but we usually eat out on fridays!! and cook fresh on Sat/Sun, this has been helping me to stay healthy(not ayurvedic way though) but better than eating out everyday.. For kids lunch boxes i do make fresh on every morning, prep will be done the previous night if needed.

Sravani

star90new, kaniths, Kaput and 5 others like this.
  3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Ok..now i am busy taking notes :icon_writing::icon_writing:...please do not disturb me...you guys are awesome :yikes::yikes::yikes::worship2::worship2::worship2:

4. dhivyacc

dhivyacc Silver IL'ite

Excellent ya. Nice idea

5. dhivyacc

dhivyacc Silver IL'ite

Today slight sizzly morning.nice weather ..

• Night soaked - green peas, peeled some small onions and packed in silver container in fridge. Measured rice and dal and kept aside.
    • Morning - cardamom tea one stove, milk for children in other, tomato onion vathakal
    • prepared peas+potato gravy +curd +Rice for lunch
    • Started breakfast - Pongal+sambar.
    • Started at 5:40 , finished around 7.15..
    Am yet to manage time well :weary:

justanothergirl, Kaput and kkrish like this.
  6. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Very inspiring!

7. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

I am in the same boat. I make very simple dishes but I don't know where the time goes. Planning to take a moment to write down steps and then start cooking.

8. Kaput

Kaput Gold IL'ite

Yesterday, we had leftovers, so just made Greens dal fry and steamed green peas.

Today, still have the dal left over. I made beans paruppu usili for the first time (if I don't count the flop from years ago)
    810ECFA9-9B3B-41BF-A10A-41E5F2217338.jpeg

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OK I cannot post meal plans or any real prep.. But got inspired or guilt-ed enough by this thread to cook a bit more yesterday. Quinoa puliyogare, Chinese fried rice, aalu peas and sambhar. Essentially, one dish for each family member.

I was informed that the puliyogare was bland (well what can I do if you don't like pickles). But nothing could take away from my sense of accomplishment.

So, this weekend it is time for one more attempt at planning the week's menu ahead and prepping some veges. It means I will have to go to grocery store as I simply cannot make a complete list for DH to buy. I always buy more stuff than in the list. Perhaps this also needs fixing.

Kaput, kkrish, dhivyacc and 1 other person like this.
  10. dhivyacc

dhivyacc Silver IL'ite

pls send weekly planners..may be few.. it will be the eye opener ..

I went to my sissy's home today. she asked me in spite of all struggles how you managed to keep the clean home and prepare homemade dishes...
    actually she helped me in after school time (5-8) for giving accompany for children.... however the works are managed by me...

Kaput likes this.