1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Me Too?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Most fashionistas are
    Most fashionistas are MCPs. Gianni Versace preferred to use male models evenn to showcase his women's line.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I am not denying this but I insist that waiting nfor decades to point an accusing fin ger diminishes the credibility of the charge.

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Rihana glad that som eone agrees with me on some point. The predator knows that the prey will remain silent keeping career in view and that emboldens them. If every girl they approach with lust reacts with a slap or two or a r a squirt of chilli spray the wolves would retreat. But unfortunately that is not happeniong. It is ntacitn acceptance of predatory behaviour. So the wolves are as much to blame as the shee.p/

5. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

I am wondering how you have not yet been able to understand even after so many explanations and replies given here.

Celebrities Open Up About Shocking Sexual Harassment And Assault Experiences

Have you ever wondered the age at which the young actresses/actors come to enter media either be it modelling, cinema or TV or fashion. If one reads the article one can just note that they all had experienced harassment whilst very young. They come to media work whilst studying in school or leaving schooling altogether and are quite young / adolescents who had been pushed into this industry either due to financial or choice from families. Very few would tell that they always wanted to be a heroine since childhood. I had never heard any of my friends tell that they wanted to be a heroine and that’s their ambition! This tells that there are complex social reasons for them to enter that industry.

Society is to blame for such situations because we are the ones who send the older heroines to sister, mother roles once they are married. The pre requisites to be a heroine have a lot to do with physical appearance and age too plays an important role here as far as female actors are concerned. Heroes are noted to roam around trees with heroines half his age. None questioned why the heroes were preferring young girls but simply let this situation continue till now.

This has made the heroines or their families to make their kids enter film industry at an age where there is very little understanding of the system, let alone having knowledge of sexual harassment or abuse issues in this field. So when these actresses or actors grow up they become vocal about their feelings and so thus started the #Me too movement. This has been an issue which had been brushed under the carpet for so long and now has come to surface. One should atleast accept the reality and be supportive to these people. Instead of focusing on why not before, one should be happy that it’s here out atleast now.

Just because one enters film industry, gives anyone the right to sexually harass the person. They had given consent only for their work, not for abuse. This is what these Me too are fighting to change.

The conclusion of this article states about the facts of age of people entering this industry.

What is the best age to start modelling?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Lalithambigai, Mistt and PavithraS like this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Ladies, ladies,ladies shall we end the battle? Looks blike there have been Pyrrhic victories on both sides.

LET ME LIST MY NARGUMENTS IN CASE THERE IS SOME MISUNDERSTA NDING:

1) I don;t condone sexual harassment or any kind of harassment
    2) The law should define the term properly. Nebulous ec, expressions like ""Verbal and non-verbal actions that can be of a sexual nature" lead us nowhere.
    3) Sexual harassment certainly is not rape or molestation. There are separate laws for .them. I am a.ll for merciless implementation of these laws.
    4) If some guy propositions you a magic two letter word would suffice mostly"NO. f the guy npersists file a complaint immediately, preferably after slapping him and if you are carrying a chilli spray and/or taser .; using them on him.
    5)But if you prefer. to remain silent at that crucial moment t and put up with what to put it mildly could be called sexual misdemeanor either out of fear or shame or in the hope that submitting to it would make you go places in your career,playing the Wronged Woman n card decades later will not make your credibility shine..

Shall we stop here? I know you would agree to disagree with me .Let us keep it at that shall we?

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Friends
    'Shall we stop here? I know you would agree to disagree with me .Let us keep it at that shall we?'
    These are Balaji's worded. I agree with him. In the interest of cordiality, I have no option but to close the thread. I am truly sorry for applying the brakes here.
    Sri

satchitananda and Balajee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.