1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

# Me Too And A Knee-jerk Reaction By Men

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Oct 13, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

2. GeetaKashyap

[​IMG]

O-Zone by Vinita Dawra Nangia.

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

@Geethakashyap,
    You have brought out this topic for good. In the present scenario it is quite unlikely if anyone is not subjected to sexual harassment. Perhaps exposure to films, media and internet add more fuel to these sexual harassment. Though females were always vulnerable, it has now increased too much.
    I am an Octogenarian and in the early 1950 and 1960 in Brahmin community girls were allowed to take mostly teaching job. But I worked in Madras Telephones where there were only lady telephone operators. In those days there was only manual operation in giving connection to outstations as well as local public booths. From local booths even in those days men used filthy language.
    Later after marriage I opted for the same telephone operator job at Tata Motors though I would have got a clerical job. There also only ladies worked as operators and so I felt secure. Though more than 22000 people were working there and I had shift duty I never felt insecure there. We were offered transport for the shift duties and the drivers were very respectful.
    I feel very sad after seeing the #metoo posts and complaints.
    PS

joylokhi and GeetaKashyap like this.
  4. GeetaKashyap

Thank you so much for this positive feedback and for sharing your experience, ma'am. It is wonderful that you could work even in those days and still have a very positive experience.

While women have come out of their earlier restrictions and are capable of managing their homes and professional lives with great competency, very few men have changed from the age-old entitlement mentality and even lesser number of men are willing to share public platforms graciously with women.

While we cannot say that all the complaints may be genuine, we have to acknowledge that most of them are genuine. Hope this #MeToo helps both the sexes to learn more about caring, sharing and respecting.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  5. GeetaKashyap

6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

7. GeetaKashyap

I agree. Even today with so much of media involvement if people can be ruthless, how could they expect girls to be vocal a few years ago? For that matter, Chinmayi is an established singer and with her also tricks are being tried!!!

Mistt and shravs3 like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    ano likes this.