1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

# Me Too And A Knee-jerk Reaction By Men

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Oct 13, 2018.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

I understand how damaging these experiences are; they kill our trust and our being.

suasin likes this.
  2. Urmila

Urmila Silver IL'ite

Dear Geetha,
    That’s a very good thread and motivating one. :thumbsup:

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

Thanks for the encouraging fb, dear Urmila.

Btw, I am appreciative of all the links you have been providing on IL. They are real eye-openers. Thank you.

Urmila likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt. GeetaKashyap:

Every such pent up emotions will have to eventually come out. If it is at a broader level, it would become a revolution. What we are experiencing as #Me Too movement is nothing but pent up emotions of women for a prolonged period of time of men in power blatantly abusing vulnerable women. It would eventually evolve into a large movement that would cover day to day harassment that happens in public transportation or even inappropriate verbal communication to the women. The days are not far off from awareness raising beyond a certain level to scare the miscreants to keep their hands from women.

The boys from a very young age should be taught to respect girls as fellow-beings who deserve the respect the boys deserve. Cat calls from the walls, stalking and making lewd comments to embarrass girls should be strictly prohibited. #Me Too movement can be called-off only when the girls and women begin to trust other boys and men and don't have to prepare themselves for sexual advances or acid attacks or other unwanted approaches. Until then, #Me Too will continue.

Viswa

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  5. Minie34

Minie34 Bronze IL'ite

Me too is absolutely need of the hour. Let's be honest each n every Indian girls/women have probably been through harassment. It's time to name n shame publicly. The problem is sometimes even after naming shaming no one takes the girl seriously. It's always made out that it's the girls fault or she's a liar. But still we need to speak up.

6. GeetaKashyap

Thanks for your open support to the #MeToo movement. I agree with you totally.

sindmani and Viswamitra like this.
  7. GeetaKashyap

You are absolutely right. We must be more vocal and support each other.

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

A topic of blitzkrieg in modern time that shook washington and bollywood. An in-depth analysis kudos to OP.
    2. From time immemorial, men of prime and past their prime and some boys have been Frisky randy and on the pull.
    3. But during those days there was no big media and gadgets and surveillance cameras. Now the world is changed and we get such me too messages across media. Wide spread publicity of me too movement would be a slap on wicked men and they got to think several times to attempt MISS DEEDS lest their reputation tarnished in a jiffy. 4. Men are men after all... but women of modern world are fully aware of such men and sure would get along without any fear. Me too would continue to instill fear men across all status.
    REGARDS.

PavithraS and GeetaKashyap like this.
  9. GeetaKashyap

Well said, Thyagarajan Sir.Thank you.

The opposers of the #MeToo movement must understand that the movement is not about settling scores, washing dirty linen in public, seeking attention and such. It is about purging the crippling negative feelings and the deep debilitating scars. Instead of getting defensive, it would be nice if all the responsible humans come together and help to get rid of the entitlement mentality of some sick people and create a better society that doesn't believe in corrupt power games but believes in a healthy sane society.

Minie34, sindmani and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: I can't agree more with what you replied here and of FB from philosopher @Viswamitra.
    2. The opposition to #me too could be only from some men who in the heart of heart wish and or had such indulgence and some women who too risen up on the wrungs of the ladder by yielding to philanders.
    3. One see them in churches, saints' shelters, schools, colleges, PhD students' guides, public transport including flights, etc.
    4. In Tamil nadu, a senior popular playback singer Cum opera anchor Chinmayee in the limelight now, as she had the gumption to go online tweeting about agent asking her to cooperate and visit lyricist vairamuthu at his hotel in Switzerland.( news courtesy The Hindu of 13th Oct)
    Thanks and regards.

GeetaKashyap likes this.