1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Me And My Dreams

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Sep 21, 2018.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Me and my dreams.
    I dream.....

What a silly start! Everybody dreams. What is so special about you?

I will tell you.......

I know what you will tell. I normally get up at 5 in the morning. When I say get up, I mean the alarm tells me it is 5 a m. I do not really know when I am asleep. I am awake all the time...blah blah blah!!!'

Allow me to speak.......

You are speaking. Are not you? All what you do is rattle same words again and again. 'What I see in my dreams look so real as if I have lived them all my life .......blah, blah.....'

For God's sake........

What He has to do about it? It is between you and me, your dreams. I have been pleading with you to have trust in me but you don't listen.

There is always........

What always? You are me and I am you. That's the end of it.

But the other night......

You were trying to run away from the tiger but your feet would not move? But you are alive, no? The tiger did not eat you.

Not only that..........

I know, I know. You saw God at a distance but could not reach him for the same reason?

You need to do a lot to reach Him; lucky are those who saw Him even in dreams.

And another night .....

You were having dinner with your parents who died long back? You do remember your parents, no? They remember you too.

Please try to.........

Try to what? That you had food and drinks at your favorite joint at TGIF with friends and suddenly it all turned into a vast lake, covered from all sides by hills and you could not find your way out and do not remember your friends? How many times have I told you to drink in moderation?

Don't be harsh.........

Harsh! Me? It is you harsh on yourself. Dreaming all the time. About office where no one remembers you know, about friends who are gone or are dreamers like you, about places that have no emotions anyway.

Just try to analyze your words and thinking when you are awake. All what you see in your dreams is what you been saying or thinking when you were awake. It can be as recent as an hour before or as old as a week back.

Dreams are reflections of your mind in waking stage. They relate to people you knew, places you visited, wishes you adored, failures- success, love-hate, compassion- anger- resentment.

I know because I carry the load. I have no choice either because in your sleeping stage I have to guard you, protect you, and keep you vigilant. Some of the dreams will be scary to warn you that you are not as invincible as you think and appear. You too are weak and tearful, tearful, miserable, venerable.

And don't pride yourself for your memories of the past. Memory is selfish and biased. It forgets your wrong doings. It forgets the people who were good to you.

You claim to remember what happened years back. How crafty? It is another thing that you don't remember what you had for dinner last night or night before. You plan for future but are not sure of moment next.

Stay in the present. You will have good sleep and decent dreams.

Adharv and shyamala1234 like this.

2. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Wow no comments very well said... :clap2::worship2: stay in present :thumbup:

Thank you and great evening.

3. SunaynaPal

SunaynaPal New IL'ite

Correctly said

HariLakhera likes this.
  4. HariLakhera

Thanks. We are in the habit of bringing in God at will.

5. HariLakhera

Same to you.