1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Me and my bag of potatoes..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SupriyaDinesh, Oct 18, 2008.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

With a cancelled potluck and as usual my over enthusiastic shopping spree i ended up with a bag of red potatoes sitting on my counter top.Looking at my skinny son i made up my mind i will feed him potatoes in various forms and make himself one.
    First day after lot of googling ,decided to try MacD style french fries.Settling my son for his nap,i sneaked into the kitchen and hurriedly picked up 3 voluptuos potatoes and started slicing.Keeping all steps and ingredients in mind i prepared the fries.Wow..it tasted great.Let me have few for myself...munch,munch,munch..Before my son woke up from his nap..i had finished off half."Hear is your french fries"-I presented it to my son..He looked happy and asked "Where is coco-cola with it?"i grinned sheepishly..today eat this i will get it tomorrow...He had only 3 slices..enough and ran away..while doing cleaning chores i gobbled few more..Oh..i have to keep some for DH..controlling myself,i restrained..
    DH tasted and said i never knew you can make good fries..why did you make very few..I said i made a lot, but kutty ate 3 and i ate the remaining..Day 1 over.

Next day bought burger buns and ventured into pav-bhaji.Excellent taste and my son enjoyed it.

Day 3-Puri and potato masal.Lovely combo..

Do you want me to tell fourth day..what form the potato had..nothing..DH said enough, give me rasam rice..my tummy has already become like a potato..DS made embarassing sounds while shopping.
    I have still some potatoes..wondering what to do..

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Gosh! how many pounds did you buy?

3. SupriyaDinesh

4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Supriya,

when I have potatoes left and we leave on vacation, I keep it inside the fridge. You may want to keep it in and use after sometime rather than using all at once and getting stomach ache.
    Another option is to make chips.

5. celebrate

celebrate New IL'ite

Hi Supriya,
    It always happens even if the potluck goes sucess I will end up cooking lots of stuff like rich creamy butter panner,Oily briyani and some high cal desert which I call that I cook for others I end up eating half of all the stuff and later feel for the cal intake..

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Supriya,
    I do what Ush has pointed out. Keep the potatoes inside the fridge.
    As Jenz has pointed out, the left-overs find a place in our tummy's.

7. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

HI SUPRIYA,
    AFTER ALL SEARCHING IN NET U PREPARED FRIES AND HAD ALMOST EVERYTHING BY URSELF:rotfl.
    I DO KEEP POTATOES IN HANDY WHICH I USE VERY RARELY ,BUT I DONT THINK WE HAVE TO KEEP THEM IN FRIDGE ,BECAUSE I KEEP THEM OUTSIDE WITHOUT COVERING BUT DONT KEEP NEAR ONION ,THATS ALL THEY STAY FRESH FOR MANY DAYS .
    CHEERS,:thumbsup
    SHASHI.

8. SupriyaDinesh

Thank you usha,celebrate,Sriniketan,Shahie for you comments.

9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Awesome episode !! :) I loved the narration.. :)
    I have a suggestion you can do witht he potatoes. You get puff pastry sheets. make some veg stuffing with carrot, peas and potaotes ofcourse, all mashed , stuff, seal, and bake them. Potatoes when refrigerated do stay freshh for many many days !! Good going and keep us posted with such lovely snippets from your life ! A treat I must say ! :)

10. SupriyaDinesh

Dear Preethi,Thank you for your nice words..Iam thrilled..Will try your tips.