May You Live Long, Sharada! Happy Birthday!

Discussion in 'Birthday' started by varalotti, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Happy Birthday,Sharada!

Dear Sharada,

Here is wishing you a very Happy Birthday today and great years ahead. MAy the days to come be filed with happiness for you and yours.

Keep writing in your own unique style, for sometimes when things get too cloying, we need one who calls a spade a spade without a dig in her words.

cheers
    Vidya

PS: You are quite a muse,Sharada. People are sprouting verses today in your honour.

2. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

the quiet cat!

Meena, contrary to what Varalotti says I'm a quiet cat - the claws come out occasionally!

Vidya, I'm glad that more poets are surfacing on my b'day. It's a very important day, and your good wishes matter more than words can say!

Varalotti, your poem is almost as good as mine, but you need to try a bit harder! - just couldn't resist that one!

All of you are special
    In myriad ways
    And may happiness
    Be yours always.

Thank you for remembering me on my b'day! With every passing year I grow wiser and I count my age backwards!
    Sharada

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

happy birthday

Dear Sharada,
    I feel quite small in wishing you seeing so many poets. May be this is a special writer's forum. Hope and Pray you have very many happy returns of the day withyour near and dear.
    Best Regards,
    Meenu

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sharadha !

I am logging into I L ( is it wrong english ? ) after 48 hrs ( a rare thing for me ! ).
    Let me make an auspicious beginning by praying to Goddess Meenakshi to bless you with happiness, good health, peace & prosperity.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

To Chitra

Dearest Chitra,

Nice to see you back. Hope all is well...L, Kamla

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

To Sharada

Dear Sharada, my friend,
    I simply do not understand
    How in the world I landed in IL
    With folks like you I feel so well
    Reading your poem was a real pleasure
    Your words, I shall always treasure:)

Ha ha ha...

Pardon my rhyme....L, Kamla :)

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sharada,
    I wish you a very very happy birthday and many more happy returns of this day. I am sure you must be enjoying this special day and we all await a report on the specials.
    Have a great day.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

8. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

overwhelmed

Chithra thanks so much for the b'day wishes - I value your advice and love your recipes! Kamla I'm happy that my b'day has made you pen poems - keep it up. Varalotti, I'm glad that you made a few flattering alterations in your responses - not soulful and most soulful makes a huge difference! That's ok, if u hadn't made the changes I wld have just started another fight with you!
    Varloo, Meena and Meenu thanks so much for the good wishes showered on me.
    This is how my day was spent. Son gave me a giantsized b'day card. Husband bought gold earrings. Son's friend came with a bouquet of flowers enroute to college. A few of my friends dropped in. Went to work in the afternoon. An exotic berry mousse cake light but loaded with calories (good to have weight to throw around!) was ordered and everyone sang happy b'day! Some more friends came over. Went out for Chinese khaana close by. Am out for the weekend, so may not be able to reply to further responses.
    Am overwhelmed with all your b'day wishes,
    Sharada

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

It was a Typo, Sharada!

Dear Sharada,

Felt very glad to know about your b'day celebrations. We are happy to know that you were pampered at home, at your office and at IL too. It is a blessing which you richly deserve.

I drafted and redrafted your b'day message several times. I changed the expressions, left right and centre, and saw everything with your eyes. I think while in the midst of that exercise this typo should have crept in. The word in my first draft was only most.

I am happy to have escaped from the fight. And I corrected it before you noticed it.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Belated bday greetings!

Hi Sharada,
    Belated birthday wishes , not from Germany but our very own bengalooru!
    Hope yopu had a wonderful weekend, and gave rest to your claws or should i say nicely manicured them(oops i mean sharpened them!)...ha ha...could not resist .....
    all said and done, hope you have a good year ahead! All the very best!