1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

May-december Match

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Nonya, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Now and then we hear, come-to-know, about married couples who have a big age-gap. The guy is always the older, or the much older, of the couple. There are very few women who are a decade older than their husbands, especially in India. [In the west, there is often very little age difference, and sometimes, women are slightly older than their husbands ]...

Anyway, I saw a photo with an advert' for a package-travel arrangers called Liberty travels. They are apparently advertising to "older people" -- encouraging them to take holidays. And they have a picture like this:
    upload_2017-4-22_19-55-49.png

Daughter ? Sister ?

I get uneasy when I meet May-Dec couples in parties. You know... how when a girl (at girl-dekko) would imagine the future, and think that he'd be 65 when she is 60, do girls imagine scenarios of the past, and think he was 40 when I was 10 ...eeeewwww, and get weirded out ?

Vaikuntha likes this.

2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

The lady doesn't look like daughter or sister to my eyes.

Maybe you should ping Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali khan to know their first hand experiences.

3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

I always felt the sugar-daddy relationships to be money-oriented. I think few girls want easy way out to have certain luxuries like branded clothes, accessories, exotic vacations, etc to list a few. And if the sugar-daddy is never committed with no strings attached whatever property is his goes to his partner.

There may be few who are genuinely in love, but still I doubt.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  4. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

I wld place the man in his mid 50s and the woman in her 40s. This doesnt look anywhere like a may- dec relationship. May dec is more like 20+ yrs of difference where the woman is usually in her 20s / 30s (spring of her life) and the man is at a minimum in his 50s or 60s (winter of his life) leaving more than 20 yrs of age gap between them. 10 to 15 yrs doesnt quite qualify for may dec.

But the movie cheeni kum had an interesting take on this topic. It wld answer most of your questions. Infact a piquant situation arises because amitabh bachchan, in his 60s, is as old or older than Tabu's father. It was amusing yet thought provoking.

Vaikuntha and blindpup10 like this.
  5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

6. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

This is nothing new these days....most successful and classy men don't care about the reverse age gap...she looks beautiful....some of the most handsome & top Hollywood men have married wives who are elder in age to them that too by several years n almost all of these have faithful long and happy marriage just as this French guy ! ...

in my family too, my very handsome surgeon brother in law ( indian origin) is younger to my sister by several years/ 6 plus years and they are happily married for couple of years !

7. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

and these are not marriages of convenience.....in all such couples, you will notice that the man is very handsome, extremely successful in his career, quiet rich/wealthy and has too many options..... still they marry with whom they fall in love even if that lady is several years older to them !!...These kind of men believe in only chemistry because they have everything they can dream of and have loads of women running after them so marry only for love !!...

my brother in law (north indian origin) is a very successful surgeon here in US and very very handsome ....he had so many women running after him but he fell in love with my sister who was 6 plus years older to him and when he got to know the age on 2nd date, age was a complete non issue for him......they married after dating for some time....his parents are also highly educated professors here in US and just adore their DIL-my sister !!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Vaikuntha likes this.
  8. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  9. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

It doesn't skeeve me out at all. Whatever works. [​IMG]

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Why get uneasy????
    The couple in your first pic doesn't seem like may-dec couple. May be a few years of difference, but definitely the woman is not so young.