1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

May be we are different from each other ,but we complete each other.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 1, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Real love is not based on romance, candle light dinner and walks along the beach.In fact it is based on Respect, Compromise, Care and Trust.

When we were young me and my dh have not gone for any movies, hotels etc. We were in joint family and we did not get much chance to be alone or go out much. After my children were born when they were kids he used to bring them to the station at the timewhenI am back from office. Also sometimes he used to bring them to my office. With them we have gone out many times. With the three children who were only one year nine mnths difference we have gone we had gone to many temples when they were kids. After they grew up and when my daughter came to 10th Std we went up to Kanyakumari as once they start going to college then we wont get time to go out much together. Those are happy memories now.

Now after retirement when the children also got settled we have got chance to be alone. Now we have the opportunity to go together and on Tuesdays and Saturdays we go to Ganeshji and Navagraha temple together and mostly many of them have seen us going together , so if one person is missing people start asking.Today was also like that only. We started for temple and as I had work in the bank I told him to wait for me in the temple. From there first he had to meet a friend in the bank and thenwe had to go to another place. I had told him if it is late to go and meet his friend and join me later. When Iwent to temple he was coming out and I told him I will meet him in the Agent's office. Two, three friendswhen they saw my alone were asking where my dh is . Most of them know that wherever we go we go together. Some also say we are Parvathi and Parameswaran .

When we leave this world also hope we get the opportunity to go together because we both will miss each other. Its ok if he goes first because I can manage somehow though I will miss him but for him it will be difficult without me. My children will look after him nicely but still he wont like to trouble them. He does not mind troubling me though only in somethings he troubles me , otherwise he does not expect anything .

And now the end is near
    And so I face the final curtain,I’ll state my case of which I’m certain.I’ve lived a life that’s full, I traveled each and ev’ry highway,And more, much more than this. I did it my way.
    FRANK SINATRA, My Way (lyrics by Paul Anka)

nuss, vaidehi71, revjey and 33 others like this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Viji,

Absolutely True, You and Mr.Iyer are made for each other, Thanks to Guru Sayee for such a great bonding.

The same thing recalls my memory, during younger days, I have never seen my parents going out together alone, Only during their retired life, I see them sitting and chatting together on various topics, especially when my mom had a hip fracture I have seen my dad helping her in small chores when we were away (they lived with us) which is not his character during earlier days, even a glass of water my mom is required.

Great thoughts indeed to think about life after one person's demise, depicts the strong bonding you both possess, May Baba give Mr.Iyer and you a long, healthy life to enjoy being with grand children comfortably.

SAIRAM​

2 people like this.
  3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

There is a second time to everything I feel and the time to be together and for just the other one comes again later in life, after the kids are married and settled.

I observe that most of the old couple are happy, though there had been a lot of differences in them and a score of problems came their way. But then, having someone for ourselves makes the difference anyway.

Happy to read this snippet and touched by your ending Viji Madam. Thanks. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

Sai dear getting your first fb I feel Sai himself has come and blessed us. Thanks for making my day with your first fb. Ya dear its God's blessings that I got my dh as life partner .

Glad to know about your parents. True dear as you grow old you cant do without each other and the love is more and both are there for each other. After children are married and settled and we know that they can take care of them we have time for ourselves and that is the time we spend for each other.

During my hip bone fracture in 1991 when I was in bed for two months for the first month my dh only looked after me as that time my chidlren were in school, he used to do everything for me. Then he had to go to office when my sis in law took care of me.

Earlier when we were working also he used to help me household chores and in office also my friends used to tease me asking whether idli was made by me or by my dh. Now after retirement I look after him but early morning after my eye operation , he only enters the kitchen first after taking bath and keeps rice and boils milk. I told him I will do it but he likes to do it , so I leave it to him and after that giving medicines, giving him breakfast , lunch, dinner in time I only look after. He is a social worker so I am there when he comes home and only go wherever he goes for other functions.

Thanks dear for your good wishes .

SAIRAM​

5. iyerviji

RGS dear glad to see you here with your fb. Thanks for the nomination which made my day. True after the children are settled we get time for ourselves and can live for each other and look after each other. That time only we get to know each other and we are able to understand each other and live for ourselves. Glad you liked the snippet and please call me Mami instead of Madam

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Opposite poles attract. Each other! Old is gold and old age is golden age. In different stages of life we have different priorities. When children are small we pay more attention to them. When our commitments in life are over we the couple have more time to ourselves. May you both enjoy life together with robust health may more years.
    PS

2 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

My dear Mami thanks for your good wishes and for your fb

8. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Now a days love is expressed in words, those days its were in acts. Whatever it may be love is precious when we get from others, than giving(let me be littlebit selfish) ;).. It gives great feel like prince and princess.

it is based on Respect, Compromise, Care and Trust.

Single solution for all problems.

What else can say other than this?? Thanks for motivating with good thoughts..

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Viji,
    What you have written is absolutely true either the title or the matter inside.
    I liked these lines
    especially it brings out the adjustment part of each partner which makes this relationship wholesome. :thumbsup:

Sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    A naturally love flowing mail.
    A couple made for each other. May God bless you both.If the level of comfort and contentment is reasonably kept at a low level, such attainment is not far off to anyone.As you rightly said, women can manage alone.My mother very often used to say " ennai minjumo, thiri minjumo theriyaathu.( We don't know which gets exhausted first, whether the oil or wick in glowing lamp). Yet I would prefer Appa to predecease me so that I may serve him till the end and he is not kept under the custody of any of the children. Sumangalitvam is nothing when compared to this".
    Your mail reminds me of all my Amma's words.
    Sometimes one has to experience just the reverse. I have seen many couples in our village who have lead an enviable harmonious life for about 50 years, but at the fag end,the husband started hating his wife alone and he would be nice to everybody else.He used to complain to everyone about his wife, making the life a hell for her.Those women actually prayed that their husbands should be left uncared so that he might realise her merit at least after her demise.
    Fortunate are people who care, respect understand each other till the end and others have to live in thoughts.
    Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.