May 2015 due date club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by swathijan, Sep 30, 2014.

1. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

You know even my doc said this time your pregnancy went so fast….but now for me these last 2-3 weeks seems to be dragging…

Well so far my due is the same but based on the size of the baby, doc said it might be 10days before the due.. my next check up is on 12[SUP]th[/SUP] May…it would be an internal one…that’s when doc will check for Effacement of cervix and head engagement. So far she said that head is down….i asked her..which means has it dropped and she said yes…so lets see. Baby dropping does’nt imply early labor…
    I can relate completely about sleeplessness. I get up 4 in the morning and then can’t get sleep..i think about work at office…hand over or work at home..i need to do this that and all that…he hehe….

Magee: here is the link I found abput Cephalic and copy pasted a paragraph from it for your reference.

Cephalic presentation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The movement of the fetus to cephalic presentation is called head engagement. It occurs in the third trimester. In head engamenent, the fetal head descends into the pelvic cavity so that only a small part (or none) of it can be felt abdominally. The perineum and cervix are further flattened and the head may be felt vaginally.[SUP][2][/SUP] Head engagement is known colloquially as the baby drop, and in natural medicine as the lightening because of the release of pressure on the upper abdomen and renewed ease in breathing. However, it severely reduces bladder capacity, increases pressure on the pelvic floor and the rectum, and the mother may experience the perpetual sensation that the fetus will "fall out" at any moment.[SUP][[/SUP]
    You know I am yet to pack my labor bag…gosh so many things on my mind….walking sure does help…so all of uslets continue walking

Hey GG, no change technically to the due date doc said you come again on 12[SUP]th[/SUP] May and we will decide what is next step…my mom is coming on 17[SUP]th[/SUP], so she said…it should be ok..by then you won’t deliver…so even my baby’s head is down..i believe its not too low to deliver earlier…but she did mention that it will be 10-11 earlier than due date because baby is bigger.

2 people like this.
  2. Ruvi217

Ruvi217 Silver IL'ite

@magee - awesome dear - so it looks like there are good chances of having normal delivery..........i am still thinking wht to pack wht not to pack and whn to pack...

did u fel baby dropping? any pains etc?

i understand - i think we all are in same boat....had ur doc performed internal checks...as per my conversation with doc yesterday she said she generally waits if all signs/chances are there for normal procedure and she wont rush things.........

so m kind of prepared to wait...although i feel restless too :(

he he he angel - same here i stand in my balcony whn i dont get sleep and then i count coconut trees...

also my next checkup is also scheduled for 12th may...lets wait till then
    pls try to climb stairs along with walks - as it builts strength to our pelvic muscles

i hv heard many times after internal checks are done then labor pains automatically gets induced

also my doc believes sometimes some women gets so much of pain before itself and whn they arrive to hospital their bodies are all ready to deliver....

so i pray that whtever pains we are getting now wld actually help us in final stage.........

lets keep sharing and supporting eachother - we are almost there...

angel whn u get time pls share how to make kajal at home....

also shall i buy breast pump if yes manual is ok?

1 person likes this.
  3. GellerGreen

GellerGreen Silver IL'ite

@ruvi217:
    My Dr also mentioned the same. Since the things are normal and fine so far they do not want to rush anything. Yes I had IE and Dr said head fixed something like that. I did not ask much about it. Anyways she is planning to wait. As u said I also heard IE might trigger contractions but that depends on how it s done I guess.

@angel1719:
    Big baby, yep that is a cause for concern. Since your 1st s normal your second should be easy dear ! And generally 2nd deliveries tend to happen much before due date. Let's see !!!

Updates from me are usual. Same sleepless nights like you all said. But I stopped complaining. What's the point know. I thought OK let me take these as practice as once the baby is born these are common. Apart from that getting restless, anxious and equally excited.

Continuing my walking close to 1hr. Girls do continue your walks as that would help in head fixing and also for softening of cervix. So that once labor kicks in its easier.

@magee: as ruvi217 said I am also still not satisfied with my hospital bag packing. Somehow I feel am missing something. Can you tell what all to pack. I just want some simple list. All these online lists are too exhaustive and I feel bored to check all that and also I felt all those are more suited for foreign hospitals. Here it should be much more simpler know?

Take care ladies.

4. Ruvi217

Ruvi217 Silver IL'ite

Girl you gave me light in the dark...if you have waited this far I should also be more patient...hi5 to your spirit!!!!

I dont knw but I am also getting very emotional now...I have my father here to support me but at this stage i really really miss my mother's love and care....if she was alive i wldnt hv to beg ppl to support me...

my mom-in-law does not call me often and neither she tried to come early...if i call to ask some qs related to pregnancy she never picks up so i hv no experts hands available near me...

learnt a lesson for all my life that you shldnt expect from anyone...i will also be now distant frm such ppl who just did not care to help me at this stage...

i hv only 1 family and that is my dh, my lo and me...

seriously needed to vent out this so sorry if i sound so negative....

i am doing all household work in this condition n despite of knowing this...just nobody helped except for my brother who sent my father...

5. sugansunil

sugansunil Bronze IL'ite

@ruvi: Hey dnt worry dear. Its not gud for ur baby inside. Ur dh is supportive know that is enough..just think that u r goin to hold ur lo soon ..:party

1 person likes this.
  6. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

@Ruvi

Hugs to you my dear...Great you managed almost all the 9 months, now its time to think about holding your little one and enjoy this moment.
    I too miss my Mom care and love in this time (I conceived after 9 Years), as my father underwent open heart surgery and my younger sis also delivered a boy baby couple of month back...i couldn't able to go there for my delivery, (i know she cannot manage all)...i am here in my In laws place...

Whenever i feel down i think of my baby...i just imagine holding her/him. I speak to my little one about how his/her Dad took care of me and her/him all this 9 months...all the positive sides.

Cheer up girl...We have to get our self ready to take care of our little one with more joy. You forget the whole world when you see the face of your little one...think of that moment.

2 people like this.
  7. Magee

@Gellergreen

Yes, the packing differs from hospital to hospital...

I have my hospital very near to my home...Just 5 minutes drive (almost walk able distance).

We packed 2 bags.

Here is the list...

2 set Baby blankets (thick one with head cover)
    3 set Baby dress
    1 water observant sheet
    5 set soft and thin cotton blankets.

2 set night dress for me
    2 set cotton dupatta
    1 set salwar to wear while i come back to home
    4 set inner wears and under wears
    1 cotton towel
    Tooth brush, Soap, Moisturizer, Catch clip, bindi and Comb for meideasmiley

The other bag has...
    Flask
    Water bottle
    1 tumbler / glass, 1 plate, Spoons
    1 bed sheet

As i have my home very nearer if i require anything i will ask some one to bring it:hide: for me so, packed just the very basics.

And always keeping my hospital file and charger at my handbag so i don't forget that :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Magee

@Ruvi217

Hey start packing dear...just keep all the basic items ready in one bag, then take your time and add other required items slowly.

I segregated all the items into 4 to 5 category and kept each in separate plastic bag within my hospital bag, for example kept my little one things in white plastic bag and my clothes in some other color...so that if i want to ask my H to pick something from bag i can say the color of plastic bag inside the bag...so can avoid mess up.

I can see my tummy has almost dropped down...Feeling more pressure in bladder and having slight back pain thats it.

Rest in Next

9. Magee

@angel1719

Thank you dear for those info....

Just keep the bag in some place you can add the required items slowly whenever you get it in your mind.

Keep in touch

10. pooraniammu

pooraniammu New IL'ite

@sugansunil,

Hi.... my wishes for you. My edd is same as u... may 27 or 29

1 person likes this.