1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Match A Mismatch

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GoogleGlass, May 14, 2017.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Match a Mismatch

It has been years am in relationship. Seems pretty long time now. Is it time to reconsider the relationship and part ways and move along?

Had to get adjusted to the new found love and trudge along as it was out of will the journey began. Teething troubles initially ought to be there and occasional frictions now & then but after a few years’ things should have to be all right. Either one would have to compromise to sail smoothly.

But it never happened in my case, tragedy traveled along and the teething troubles kept continuing. Really irritating life it is. At the outset both are excellent and individually wonderful. But when together the trouble starts.

Beyond a limit it is and made up my mind to part ways, enough is enough. There is a limit to nonsense. No point pursuing a journey of no comfort to either. The day has come and I have to make up my mind to part.

With extreme care and affection towards living a meaningful life made that wonderful decision – today is the day to part. What may come shall part and pursue in finding the right match.

One last time decided to inspect the decision of parting and held with both hands my pair – pair of shoes. It has been with me for couple of years or little more. One leg was apt the size and the other was bit loose. All these days thought my legs must have become abnormal.

To my surprise after years of using found that both were of different sizes. I am an idiot and never thought of inspecting when I bought it. Not my mistake – manufacturer’s logistics departments’ fault it is.

How in the world one would doubt a brand new pair of shoes, we always blame our self. Not just with a pair of shoes, could be any relationship that is new.

Time we take timely action in day to day life to have a pleasant journey instead of going all out in compromising beyond a minimal bearable limits.

You must be wondering – what a nut I should be, I am no doubt it. Thought shall share with you all my stupid story, might be useful you see.

Do check stuffs you buy especially if they are pairs…

Akanksha1982, Kamla, Amica and 9 others like this.

2. Doree

Doree Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha GG .. nice to see urs story here ..
    I thought you were talking about parting with your wisdom teeth ( not sure if there's any) ... ufff ... shoes ... who would have thought that stores would sell it in different sizes...

btb isn't that one thing everyone tries at the store before buying ... maybe u were busy checking out something else that u missed on mismatch pair. Next time maybe the focus should stay only on shoes u see and that too yours only... :)

Kamla and GoogleGlass like this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

i was worried reading first part and wondered what happened to him and why he talks about parting?Relieved after reading lateral part.Liked the story penned in your own style

GoogleGlass and Doree like this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Beautifully penned.You were able to sustain the suspense entirely in the first half.Perhaps you might have added a few paras more about the mismatch and revealed the suspense in the last sentence.
    Jayasala 42

GoogleGlass likes this.
  5. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Lol GG good one ... Seems like Instead of shoes you were concentrating on something else ;) when you were in shoe shop :grinning-smiley-048::tonguewink:

Anyway good one keep writing :) :clapclap:

GoogleGlass likes this.
  6. GoogleGlass

wisdom is wifedom for most of us v r only hubbydumbs :)

tried the same size on shelf and took a packed piece and the carton said the same size

focus if i had that.... hmmm too late to feel for whats not there :)

Doree likes this.
  7. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

:laughing: .. Was waiting for the hilarious suspense to unfold. Though there was a line of suspicion whether GG really means something serious. Glad at the end.
    Same difference (Shoe size) happened to my daughter who realized after few times of wearing and discarded immediately. I felt like a fool for not checking it while buying. :facepalm: . Now :banana: there are others too with me.
    Enjoyed your snippet.

GoogleGlass likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear GG
    If I had written this, my wife would have taken me to task for insinuation! I do sometimes talk of shoes and things like that and every time she thinks I am out for a showdown!
    Sri

GoogleGlass likes this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear GG,
    Knowing your tricky writing style I did expect the second part from you will be something like this.
    Yet I enjoyed your writing style.
    PS

GoogleGlass likes this.
  10. GoogleGlass

neengalaavathu bayandheengalaemmaa :)

periamma likes this.