1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage Messes Up Good Friendship?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana don't get serious.

@yellowmango i liked the popcorn example.

Personally I believe that issues should not get linked. You can't keep on bringing up past issues into every argument.

Parenting need not become power struggle if you discuss the pros and cons, the decisions, the results between the two before implementing. And I believe in parallel parenting rather than parental clashes. if the benefits the kids get out of a decision my partner takes, even if I personally don't like it, I am fine with it. Both are equally invested in their welfare.

That does not mean we don't have our arguments. We do, but we remain the best of friends and more.

Rihana empty nest doesn't affect me much. We knew this would happen someday.
    Keep it simple is the key.

Btw I wouldn't have much to contribute to the new thread.

yellowmango, riya123 and Rihana like this.
  2. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

Hmmm.. dunno.. But one thing is not changed. He is the only person I can be myself ..and good or bad..I want to share with him only.. So maybe 'it depends'.. ???

3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Most states in the US have laws about unused vacation.. It has to be paid out when the employee leaves the company..voluntary or not .
    Its roughly 2 weeks. (Anything more than that ..companies don't have to honor.)
    In the case of unlimited PTO..u essentially waive ur right to this. Not such a good thing when someone is laid off with very little notice....after a whole year of showing up to work in the hope of taking a nice break towards the end.
    The employer can say no to ur vacation in both the cases but in one he is still liable to pay at least the 2 week wages.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Working in a company with unlimited PTO is a disadvantage from personal experience

justanothergirl likes this.
  5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

If that particular dog had been sleeping, she'd not be wondering about whether or not her marriage was at fault to cause her feeling out of sorts. Or.. she is just strange, and likes to walk her dog so that it can do its thing. <both dog, and thing are metaphorical, no need to bring along plastic bag>

6. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Now that we had gone to considering "is a messed-up friend as good as a mere husband?" and "whether or not not using up all the vacation days a symptom of a messed up friendship in a marriage ?". Many responses are likely meant for a think/chuckle, rather than a response. Hai na ?

7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Divorce was a recent innovation in some catholic countries (Ireland, Chile). It is long, cumbersome and expensive in many countries, including India. The poor people cannot afford it; so they just muddle along. Those who are wealthy, and therefore have higher level needs (& wants ) in life can see how a divorce can better whatever situation they are in.

When the alternatives are less attractive, it is practical to be content with one's lot.

Keeping to the topic, of friendship and what marriage does to that, if a marriage is to ruin a friendship to that deep an extent that one or both of them would want to consider divorce, getting a divorce would be the friendliest thing to do. But then, they are not such good friends any more.

riya123 likes this.
  8. Itshightime

Itshightime Bronze IL'ite

So, if you are an Indian, u should be knowing that here in India marriage is not between two people. Its between two families. While, friendship is between two people. You do not expect much from each other when you are friends. Marriage would change the definition of your current relation. You expect more. So when expectations comes into picture, problems arises.

I cannot tell that there wont be any problems when you marry a friend. The problems are sure to arise. But when you marry a friend, the relation is really sweet than marrying a stranger who knows nothing about you. While, your friend knows your taste.

Also, YOU ARE FRIENDS B'COZ U SHARE UR INTERESTS.

Go ahead and marry your friend. Just don't expect it to be only Xs and Os. Be happy and enjoy a blissful life. :)

9. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

Oh.. Wait.. Your logic is wrong. In either case, employer owes employee same pay. In unlimited PTO employee is not waiving two weeks of pay.In unlimited PTO an employee can take more than two weeks of paid vacation.
    In unlimited PTO you don't have to wait till end of the year to take a break. It is employee's prerogative to take when and how many days of vacation
    When employee is laid off many companies pay severance packages, government provides unemployment benefits, so employees are covered there. They don't have to rely on vacation pay to survive.

10. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

Also, you are un- informed on US laws on vacation. Companies in US are not required by law to provide any paid vacation to employees. Companies offer paid vacation to attract talent. Paid vacation is only the company's employee benefit policy which needs to be accounted under GAAP

Get your information right. You can check the DOL website below. You are wrong.

Vacation Leave

"US law does not require employers to grant any vacation or holidays, and about 25% of all employees receive no paid vacation time or paid holidays. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics in the United States, the average paid holidays for full-time employees in small private establishments in 1996 was 7.6 days."