1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage make over products list

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by LakshmiMohan, Jun 29, 2010.

1. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

My marriage got fixed in Aug25 2010.I dont know much about make up,my daily make up to office includes applying cream,eyeliner and sometimes mascara.My brother is working in Dubai.So he told me to prepare a list of things that I need for marriage.Friends,pls help me in this.Please tell me which are all the things that I need to buy for my marriage make over?

1 person likes this.

2. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

all the best Lakshmi,
    as u have mentioned that u dont use much make up daily buying a big make up kit is of no use. instead ur brother can get good quality make up individually like... lip stick (common shades like maroon or pink that will suit ur skintone and also most of indian bridal wear) , eyeliner, kajal, perfumes, nail polish.
    I would suggest u to buy foundation and compact powder urself as it has to be the right match to ur skin tone.:thumbsup:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi, congrats:thumbsup
    I agree with Magicworld, just buy the essential items individually...for foundation and compact try the health and glow outlets..they will help you select a suitable shade buy applying these on your face.Also you can choose the eyeshadow,lipstick etc after testing the color on you. Revlon colorstay foundation and compact are very good. I heard Lakme blusher is best too(though I havent used it). Eye shadow also colorstay is a good one. Lipstick you can go for streetwear or colorstay. About eyeliner my vote is always for lakme waterproof. Loreal mascara(thick volume) gives a good effect on your lashes. Check these out at any H&G outlets and then you can zero down on some products. You will also love Lakme jewel sindoor which can be applied instead of sindoor on your forehead, add this to your make up kit for use after august;)

1 person likes this.
  4. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Thanks Amihere and magic world,

I have added those to my list.:):):)...

Please give valuable suggestion if you have anything more.I decide to do Shanaz gold or diamond facial for marriage before 3 days,is it fine?.My skin is normal.Even if I am not very fair I have a good colour with oval shaped head.Having 1 glass milk,apple and carrot daily(I am in diet also).Drinking more that 2litres of water daily:crazy.Having 8 Hrs sleep.This week I will go for my second facial.First facial was done in April for engagement.Then till July one clean up is done every month.What else I have to take care while choosing the make up and hair style.Please suggest. :bowdown

My saree colour will be dark red,maroon or brown.Please post your valuable suggestions.

My would be is very fair and very handsome...me an average girl...So I want look more beautiful than him on marriage day thats my aim.

1 person likes this.
  5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Haha Lakshmi dont worry dear, you will ofcourse be the centre of all attraction, can any man be as beautiful as a dressed up indian bride with a lovely smile?:thumbsup I used to apply lime+honey mix daily on my hands,face and neck daily...it did help me to have some glow but I cant say it did great works on me. I did it for almost 2-3months. Was it shahnaz gold that you did before? Because one of my friend went for a facial recently and her skin broke out. VLCC gold suited her whereas it was Shahnaz for me. So if possible try getting a gold facial as trial this month. Doing it 3days prior to wedding is good enough. Since you are in diet you might be anyway not taking sweets and fried items.

Have a bridal kit with you,which contain all the basic things. So that you dont have to run around searching for these, list can include things like...
    1. Small thin hair pins(get a few sheets of them.)
    2. 2-3 bunch of safety pin.
    3. Golden thread(my beautician didnt have it and it was a last mintue purchase:drowning)
    4. Cotton pads.
    5. Scissors.
    I cant remember more, sit down with a friend/DSIS and you will end up making a good big list:)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  6. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Thats a good idea dear.Thanks...Will start making the list today itself.:).Also will try the gold facial this month.

Also I can add some bridal saree pins,hair clips etc to that box.I am not taking any sweets fries or anything.Veggies,fruits and some rice items(less quantity).Please add to this list if you remember anything and when you are free.

1 person likes this.
  7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

• Clear nail polish (helpful for stocking runs)

• Nail file

• Nail polish in the bride's shade

• Makeup (you'll probably have this there anyway!)

• Brush and comb

• Bobbypins and hair elastics

• Hairdryer

• Tissues

• Handkerchiefs

• Earring buttons(if you require one)

• Mints

• Tampons and pads

• Headache medicine
    • Band-Aids
    • Make-up blotting paper such as Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets
    are some other thigns you can add to list.

2 people like this.
  8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,
    instead of asking your brother to get you make up from there ask him to buy you from india, Lakme is the best go to www.lakmeindia.com you will get really nice shades. instead ask your brother to get you nice perfumes.
    Go to the Lakme out lest and ask them to test shades on you and als tell you what suit you as they would help you i normally get all my lakme make india and i love them they are so good for our skin tone.
    hope this helps dear
    love
    alpa:cheers

1 person likes this.
  9. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

10. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,
    first just stay cool and confident. I personally feel its not advisable to try any new beauty treatment. Also dress appropriate to what suites u rather then whats fashion.

some tips from my experience:
    1. start making list one for things to pack for marriage and then also a list after marriage (esp. if u r going to move to a differnt city or country)
    2. start packing as and when u buy things.
    3. eat well and rest properly...
    4. double check before leaving so, that u dont miss anything.
    5. also I think its best to avoid wearing gold jewellery (unless its must according to culture) as there are chances u might miss something if u are changing in a hurry.
    6. decide on who will help u thru out ur wedding to help with dressing. select someone who is cool and responsible. and also tell them before hand about it (that u look forward for a helping hand from them)

1 person likes this.