1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage in problem !!!!!!! Help pls

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by prats1982, Oct 31, 2015.

1. prats1982

prats1982 New IL'ite

HAI,
    Its our 8 th year in marriage and its on the verge of breaking...from 2012 we have been having some issues till date it has aggrevated...
    After 3 yr of marriage we had visited to india for my sis marriage...From that time there has been issues my ilaws and husband blame me and my parents for every small mistake...
    my husband has a problem that he communicates each and every detail to his mother its a mandatory he calls her twice and i call once a day.she doesnt like me always keeps on saying she wanted a girl belonging to now(andhra). and aworking women..they hate my parents dont value then a bit ...abuse them right in my face...and also say that they have not taught me anything... we both have lots of arguments but by end of the i am blamed for talking ,shouting at husband insulting him and next day my mil will know abt the fight and starts drilling me...they think that my mother is a devil and has the chararacter to make me fallow the wrong path...i feel so terrible abt that...he communicated everything to his mom but i am not allowed to tell anything to my parents...
    what ever my parents do they fine some mistake and say that we dont have customs and dont know anything...mil keeps on feeding husband ..i ahev seen him changing his behaviour before talking to her after taking to her...she keeps on comparing to other and make ne bad..they regret he married me..my husband always say that 'if u stop shouting at me i will settle everything...mil says y cant u stop shouting at my son after all the previlages u have taken'.i say only shouting is not the prob if a relation is on the verge of breaking its not just the girl is shouting...he wont understand.. they dont like me calling my parents but he will spk to them..then also i stoped talking to them for while ...they say when ever i call my mom she brain washes me to spoil my marriage...actually its my mil who does it...
    todays scenario is that we had an argument i abused him and he did the same told him patents..i got so frustrated i said i would die then he wil have peace..but i realesed abt my 3 yr son then i told him that i want to go to my parents in india for som time and then will go to inlaws.....first he aggred then after consulting my mil she says if i go to my parents place we(mom,dad,me) all have to com to ilaws place and fall on the feet of my husband ,mil,fil then they will allow me in the home....my husband was mum....i am so upset and broken....they have killed my orginality,did my charected assasination and my parents too...now thry blame that i am not thinking abt my son also and wht king of mom i am... my husband wished the same.....when i said i will die what my husband said was shocking,he said that my parents given a script to scare my husband so i am putting up a show...how in the world can a girls parents say that...i am mentally stressed out and feel lonley and left out in this world...they dont value my mom,dad or what every they say...but he has a strong support from his mom,dad and elder sis...
    dont know what to do??should i got my parents,or stay here which my husband wont allow , or should go direct ti laws which i dont want right now...

pls suggest me

2. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

Dear OP
    from your post to be very frank i feel it is equal mistake from both side ( u and ur hubby)
    i felt bad the way they treat u and ur family this is clear nonsense. being girls parent is not crime and they are not god to fall on their feet..rubbish.
    anyways i feel u should not shout on ur husband and talk to him properly and discuss ur prob. not in one day but gradually tell him that u two have family and the bond nad love is different that to other members. i feel he has only prob with u is ur shouting and abusing him verbally. tell him u wont shout on condition he has to keep some family stuff secret and not to share with all.
    and never give up ur life for such small issues. life is precious and live it happily

3. prats1982

prats1982 New IL'ite

@twinkling star
    when i want to keep my calm he will come near me and keeps on nagging and irritate me..then i get so furious and shout at him ...i dont feel proud abt my behaviour..they dont believe any bosy in the house and make their own stories abt me and my parents as if they have seen..he repeates all the mistakes everyday...my mil also keeps on remb thing which worsen the prob..
    what every we do mil has som prob and exaggurate it to son
    now everyone wants me to com back to my parents ..so that their son can stay happily.
    i dont feel like eating and have not been eating for 1 week as he say everythig in the house is his earned and i am not have any right in any thing...this worry is kill me from inside ..from few days of our marriage my mil started her true colors....now due all this fight now she has become mahakalli and wants to ruin me...all this is happening with mmy husband support...
    they all want to let my extended family members to know everything abt my family prob and ruin my and my parents respect..they say they will put harrasment case on me for harrasing their son..
    dont know what to do really shocked to hear that....never expected life will have this shade...not able to take it any more......

4. prats1982

prats1982 New IL'ite

he says he want divorce and will meet the lawyer soon...didnt wanted this to happen till i die but its abt to happen i dont know how to stop this ...he is not listing to me...
    God has to help me

5. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi @prats1982,
    But 8 years u both have been together..Y now the problem is getting so furious..A couple can not keep fighting daily without a solid reason.am not sure if u had been fighting this way for all these 8 years.You have not mentioned the reason for your fighting..shouting..

6. sathyaudhay

sathyaudhay New IL'ite

hi..
    Dont worry abt anything... keep calm... just be in ur parents home... dont respond whatever ur hus and mil do... just be relax.. do ur routine.. Dont remember ur past... be like wt you are before ur marriage... then he will come to ur path... if u give attention to them they doing continuesly same... if u dont care dem they try to reduce it... just try it... Its ur life live as u like... dont give up this for any cost..

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Why are you shouting at your husband all the time? It's been 8 years since marriage, and your family still expects your parents' to fall at their feet. What nonsense is this?

If I were you, I would react to this problem differently. Try this and see whether it works out for you.

The next time if your husband expects you to call your in laws daily, say no. Please tell him that you have nothing to update on a daily routine, and you will call when you feel like calling them. Also tell him in a subtle manner that you know he calls them twice a day, and you are just a part of him. So, there is no need for a different version of updating. Say this in a low tone, humble voice, but very firmly.
    Say this once, through eye-to-eye contact, and move out of that place immediately to avoid arguments.
    If he repeats the same talk again and again, stay silence, change the topic or shrug your shoulder as if you are not interested. Continue to move, and pretend to be busy with something else (FB, phone, or musics)
    Keep up your words, refuse to call them daily, and call them once in a week. That too basic hi-bye type of chats.
    Slowly reduce that bit as well, and you can comfortably talk to them on need basis.

If they speak anything about your parents, immediately ask them to stop. Look at their eyes, and rephrase what they said in a questionable manner. This time say it with a firm, high tone?
    Eg: Do you meant to say my mom is a devil? Is it??
    If they say anything, intervene and say, could you please stop this.
    Move out of the place. Don't shout, argue or use nasty words in return.
    Project your anger through your eyes, body language and reactions.

Repeat the same everytime they speak ill about your parents.

If MIL ask your parents to fall at her feet... laugh loud, and ask her not to crack jokes during serious conversations.

Be bold.. You are an adult. not a grown up puppet.

Behave like an adult. Show them that you are grown, and they can no longer expect you to act as per their commands. At least try to show them that you are a piece of brain inside your head and that works.

5 people like this.
  8. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

I agree with SGBV advices. apart from all this, please make sure your son is unaffected as much as possible from the entire situation. Kids are the ones who suffer most when parents argue or head towards separation.

1 person likes this.
  9. ABD

ABD Senior IL'ite

Hi Prats1982,

I would have hugged you if u were here. I am in the same boat as you are in. My issues are same and my husband just doesnt want to resolve anything.
    I dont know whos situation is better yours? where husband is asking divorce.. or mine, where I have moved out. But my husband wants me to come back.

I know you all might think I am doing wrong if not going back, the fact is there are thousands of issues and my husband is habitual to insult me in front of his family and me even when we stay alone. He says anything he wants and then lies on my face that he never said such thing. I was there for seven years but it is so damn hard to see it happening coz I feel helpless and irritated in that situation. He is someone else when his family comes and different when with me. Most of the time we fought day and night on issues that could have been resolved in a minute but my husband and his family stretched it for seven years. In these seven years , I was on the verge of dying. Now when I have moved out , I realize what all I suffered just coz I never wanted to share it with my family . I just wanted my husband to be mature enough to see and atleast live happily with me. But since our marriage, his family has created such pressure on him that he has never cared about me ever , even when I fall sick. he cant even stand with me in front of his family. The worst part is its a love marriage after we knew each other for 2 years.

This situation is not new, he puts all sorts of blames on me and protects his family and himself. My heart always said to leave and go away. because a man who knew you before marriage, changed right after marriage as if you never knew this man and jumped on his family's side. what else can he do for me. I am too emotional about my husband and this relation but my husband lives like he is living in a hotel. Its too hard and devastating to see someone you trusted and left everything is ruining life for no reason. You feel so helpless and alone that its hard to give words to your tears.

I dont know what to do.. and what will happen.

10. ABD

ABD Senior IL'ite

Prats1982, I want to know if you took any decision. whats your situation now. Share iof you feel like.