1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage and event management"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 9, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Tanoshi dear glad yu liked the post. I agreewith your views. True those days parents never used to spend much money on marriages but now a days every one wants a grand wedding. ]

1 person likes this.
  2. iyerviji

Mums dear true now a days so much food is wasted during marraige . Good that the mangalya dharanam was at the right time though the priest delayed it because of his talkative nature

3. iyerviji

VJ you are not late. Ya it was nice of Mira to give the first fb. Thanks for sharing your views.

4. Aachy

Aachy New IL'ite

I attended a wedding in kerala.Bride was wearing 750 sovereign(pavan) of gold.What she could nt wear was sent in a briefcase.And for only evening reception,they had spent more than 10 lakhs.There must be lots of girls in the neighborhoods itself struggling to make money for their lives.These weddings are good if they can spend some money for poor girls too.

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Sorry Aachy dear do not know how I forgot to give reply to your fb. I agree with your views

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister Viji,

There are two types of people in the world a) one who are blessed to be in India to attend weddings and 2) others who are not so blessed. I haven't attended a wedding since 1995 and I happened to quickly visit a marriage in 2011 when I went to India for a brief 30 minutes. I had dinner in a plantain leaf after many many years. I spent most of the time talking to people though.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Sis,

Yes very true, so much wastage , when a simple arya samaj wedding will do, there i s no need for a ring ceremony etc, food so much is wasted , as is money.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

Viswa dear sorry for the delayed reply. Now a days we dont get replies to our threads on the top of our thread list so sometimes forget to acknowledge. Today I have found so many threads of mine which I have not acknowledged. So replying to them

Glad you could visit India in 2011 and enjoy the dinner in plantain leaf. Its really very tasty when we have in plantain leaf.

9. iyerviji

Sorry Kamal bro for replying late, thanks for your fb. True Arya Samaj wedding is good, not much expense and a simple marriage.

10. priyakanth

priyakanth Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Yesterday I went for a bridal makeover. (reception). The bride did not have much of Gold jewellery only the small piece of thaali tied in the yellow thread and a small gold stud. Rest of her jewellery were artificial ones. The prime thing is , for the reception, the banquet hall and the food costs were shared by the bride and bridegroom. Their marriage happened in a temple with limited relatives and a lunch was given in a good hotel.Such type of marriage i have not heard. This seems to be a good start.... is n't it?

priya.kanth

1 person likes this.