1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage and event management"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 9, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabita dear glad to see you here. True times have changed and people spend more during marriages and make it a grand function. I can understand how you must be missing the marriages in India

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi dear glad my post brought you a marraige mandapam in front of you. I always like to attend the malai mathum function in a marriage and try to be there at that time. I can understand how you must be missing them as you are abroad. South Indian marriages means it brings in front of eyes the Nadaswaram, Pattu sarees, the seeru etc.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Pallavi dear glad you liked the post. Yes true that every parent want their children's wedding to be grand.

As you said... earlier it was few varities../. but now-a-days many people want to show-off their wealth & the hosting power they have by including all the varities available on the earth...so that the guests attended will talk about how great they have been treated etc.. etc..

True

Essence is not the food but the promise the bride & groom made and the guests are pour their blessings..
    In short Wedding has become more of an Event Management rather than holistic moment.. (No Offense to anyone who wish to celebrate the moments in a grand manner..)[/QUOTE]

I fully agree with you

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mythili dear glad to know you had a grand celebration with variety of food and other expenses for your father's 60th birthday. Your parents are lucky to have you and your sister as daughters.
    f
    Yes, prices have shot up, menus more elaborate, and wastage more too! Apart from the food, other expenses have also gone up. People spend more on the sarees, decorations and just about evverything!

True

Mythili
    [/FONT][/QUOTE]

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear glad to know you attended a wedding which was different one. The couple coming to meet the gathering is a good thought. It was nice reading your fb.

The atmosphere was so serene and cool. I am sure it would be a day the couple would like to remember for a long time to come - not forget as soon as possible. And the nicest part was, all this was the desire of the couple - venue etc. All of them are professionals, earn huge amounts and could have afforded a lavish, glitzy show. What I really admired was the simplicity and the elegance and good taste that they had exercised in conducting this event.

Glad to know that they had a simple marriage though they could afford to spend lavishly. That amount they can spend for their house.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti dear ya the menu changes in every marriage. Everyone wants a grand marriage and dont think abut the expenses.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kamala dear how are you, was missing you all these days in snippets. You are right instead of spending so much for the marriage they can spend it for people who dont have much money. True they will be blessed if they do that . Glad you liked the post and nice to see you here.

8. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Interesting post IyerViji. And its so true. Marriages are becoming the most expensive affairs and its far more than just an event. There are so many involved in making it look like an almost royal parade in every way possible. Its indeed the most important day for the couple and their family.

If I can say so, my father got me married at a rather reasonable price, without much wastage and still managed a big wedding. That feels like a long long long time ago now, though its actually not. When we have weddings in the house these days, younger cousins or nephews or nieces getting married, my parents say "I just can't seem to switch off the conversion calculator in my head". They can't stop comparing what was then and what is now...When I can' how can they?

PS. The description of the menu is making my mouth water now :-D

1 person likes this.
  9. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

I totally agree with the wasting food part.........its high time we stop wasting food during marriage occasions.

After reading your post i remembered my marriage priest..........i have never seen such a talkative priest in my life.........he was my MIL s family friend......so he knew everyone who was present in the mandapam.......in between telling rituals, he used to chat with all ladies present around me........he was asking everyone" how r u?? whats your son doing??he was going blah blah"............my uncle came running towards him angry face.......later only everyone remembered its 8.45am and only 15min left in muhurtham timings....................last minute somehow my hubby tied mangalyam to me........it was exactly 9am.........things were fine later.

Whenever i see my wedding CD........i can never forget that last minute tense moments.

Thanks for sharing the lovely post with us ma.

1 person likes this.
  10. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear VijiMa....
    Sorry for coming late and giving the first place to Mira who being foodie sniffed your post on food first no amount of excuses can unlie the fact .....
    I havent been to marriage function since long And the list really made me drool and at the same time I agree with you that to put gfood in bowl is sheer waste....

1 person likes this.