Marketing ideas required for handmade greetings

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by lavy118, Dec 26, 2011.

1. lavy118

lavy118 Bronze IL'ite

I am doing hand made greeting cards, quilling , and artificial jewels. I also know fabric painting. I need ideas on how to market the greeting cards.

I am also interested in taking classes for these. I am right now in West Mambalam. Very shortly I'll be moving to medavakkam. If anyone is interested contact me through private message.

2. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

First try to sell them to your friends / relatives / neighbours and also ask them to refer people to you if they / recipients of the cards like them. You can also put a small sticker on the cards giving your contact details.

You can also advertise through news papers, which are specific to your area. That way you can do more sales. Also try to sell them to organisations / companies that send greeting cards to their customers.

Important point is, see how much all these people are willing to spend for a greeting card and fix price according to that. You can also offer discounts for bulk purchases, which will save your time and energy to sell those cards.

Once you move to Medavakkam, give ad in the local area newpaper for the classes. You will certainly get people to learn the art from you.

3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

You can market thru facebook and the likes.

4. deepaknoel

deepaknoel New IL'ite

Hi Lavy,

best way to market is to sell them to college students.....ths is the easy and fast way of selling such things.

good luck