Markazhi - month of kolams

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Dec 16, 2006.

1. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear ChitVish,

Wow!! What an artistic collection. Were you among the judges? Those pure white pulli and white on black kolams are a different kind of beauty aren't they?

I saw some more on Dinamalar.com. Here they are.

Enjoy!
    Vidya

Attached Files:

2. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

More follow!

Attached Files:

3. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dear chithu and all others
    extraordinary collections of kolam!!!!just love all of them!!!!looking forward to more pictures of these wonderful kolam.
    regards
    pavithra

4. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

Dear Mom,
    I missed this post somehow... What a wonderful Collection. It remembers me of my olden days. I do not allow anyone to draw kolams on any day or evening from when I 5 years old. I paint the kolams, draw rangoli, padi kolams, sikku kolams, etc... when ever there is a function in my family I am one who draw kolams. I am well known in my family for poo thodukarathu and draw kolams... I used drew kolams in the marriage hall before marriage almost all the marriages....I drew painting kolams in my sister house.

You know one funny talk in my marriage, my sister(chittappa ponnu) came and asked me "Birundha you are going to USA after your marriage What will you do, you can not draw kolam and you won't get any flowers to tie How did you agree to marry a Guy from USA". I did not know I told her it was my fathers decision that I should marry this guy. I still draw kolam in my swami room everyday in a black wooden rectangle piece.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful treasure. This will be useful for me to try in my front Garage. I am going to buy a chak and draw kolam on varalakshmi nombu and send photo graphs.

Love
    Birraj

5. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi chith

wonderful thread and super contribution...after u told me abt this thread wanted to really search and read the whole thread.....i cud see ur skills in tht kolam tht u draw in ur welcoming area every week...:-D

lov
    sowmi

6. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am a kolam lover too. I took to this art as a young girl and I have a lot of kolam books in India. I miss drawing kolams. Going through the pictures here was a pleasure.

Rgrds,
    Nivedi

7. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi nivedi
    Talking about kolam books the tamil magazine "Aval vikatan" publishes beautiful ones which also find a place in the tamil serial "kolangal".
    Breath taking kolams, what a feast to the eyes:exactly: .

Regards
    Honeybee

8. gayu_r

gayu_r Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra Madam,

I am a new person to this forum and have been visiting the different threads for quite some time now, though today is my first post. I have become an ardent fan of you - and I know everybody here is.. You might have heard this from many folks before, but deep from my heart, I want to reiterate this - i am fascinated by your dynamic personality, you seem to be the star in whatever you do - be it in the cooking sessions, religious forums or general sections. I feel like I am getting advise, suggestions and guidance from a favourite elder at home, whenever I read your posts.. I pray God to give you all the energy and extra time to guide all of us forever...

Could you please post the day-based kolam that is drawn on swami sannidhi, if you get a chance. I know that these are not drawn outside the pooja and I think they probably may have some religious significance too, which you may be aware of probably. I want to learn them, but normally I draw the hrudhayakamalam and aishwaryam kolams..

Thanks,
    Gayathri

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gayathri,
    Welcome to I L !
    You write such nice words about me, I cannot thank you enough. Yes, I need all your best wishes for good health & more service to I L .
    Please give me some time - I will definitely poist the kolams, you have asked for.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    I am attaching pictures of day-based kolams first & later navagraha kolams.
    This is for Sunday.
    Love,
    Chithra

Attached Files: