1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Manipulative MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by dora123, Dec 22, 2011.

1. dora123

dora123 New IL'ite

Friends,

Thanks for all your suggestions. I came from India now. Things were not good there as there was a more ugly scene made with my sister's in-laws by my SIL and MIL. My sister's in-laws are pretty upset and wanted my parents to confront this, whereas my parents did not. All in one side now my husband's behavior is changed a lot more. He is even more indifferent to me. I managing my work, kid and house hold work finding it very difficult to handle his talks. There seems to be no way to confront him. He is behaving as though he is the boss and his calls to his home have increased in duration (he calls up almost daily even before and now). My MIL wanted us to come to India for good for 2 yrs and then return abroad and my SIL's ask to leave our kid there with them so that we can earn here. My DH doesnt object this and goes in for MIL's idea whereas i am not ready to move back (i cannot manage there) My question is how should my reaction be with my DH. Calm and soft as if nothing affects me or Confront him wildly?

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Is your visa in any linked to his? If it is, then I guess you can't do anything about it. If your visa status is independent of his, then you can be firm and say you don't want to go back. As for the kid, no one can take it away from you without your permission. Just be firm. Shouting and tantrums will only worsen matters.