1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

mangaiyar thilakam

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Padmini, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

When i see the title "happy birthday mangaiyar thilakam" i rememberd a lovely movie, Mangaiyar thilakam. It will be wrong on my part if i do not write about this movie. such alovely
    and wonderful movie it was!!!
    It came in the year 1955, directed by L.V. Prasad. the story of the movie is about alove and affection that an younger brother cultivates to his sister in law(anni). he looks up her as his mother. she takes care ofhim with the motherly love and care. but things are not easy. the girl, whom the boy marries never likes the Anni,and her mother also plays asecond fiddle toit. how the anni wins all hearts by sacrificing her life for the kid . forms the rest of the story. Padmini, till
    then playing the young heroine, played the role of Anni, to Sivaji ganesan, with whom she was acting as a heroine. first she hesitated to play this role, fearing the fans would not accept it. But everyone saw only Anni and not Padmini. everyone , sivaji, sv subbiah, m.n. rajam, ragini, thangavelu played the roles in an excellent manner that the movie became ahit.
    Till now nobody can forget the songs"Neelavanna kanna vada" "Nee varavillai enil adhravedhu" well sung by Balasaraswathi and Satyam. comedy by thangavelu without any vulagarity needs to be mentioned. such aclassic movie it was.
    with love
    pad

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009

2. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Dear amma,

That was a lovely narration. The songs you have mentioned have lovely lyrics and are very meaningful.
    There are many such movies which has lovely themes like the one you had mentioned.

Off late its difficult to memorize the songs...Even if the music is good the lyrics are absurd at times..

Old is gold...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear shruthi,
    thank you for your lovely and immediate response. i just want everyone to know how good themovies were in olden days and the songs also. as you say now, we cannot find out the lyrics and remember. thank you.
    with love
    amma.