Managing home and office -a herculian task

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by madhupriya24, May 29, 2011.

1. madhupriya24

madhupriya24 New IL'ite

As for me , managing home and the office has become a herculian task. My kid is 7 yrs old. At present she is enjoying her holidays. But i begin to depress thinking of her re-opening of school. I commute daily to my office which is 30 KMs from my residence by a rural bus . Travel by the bus itself is very tiresome. I have to start exactly at 08-20 am to catch the bus. Even if I am 2 minutes late , I am sure to miss the bus.Although I have no tensions / pressures at workplace , I feel the pressure of staying away from home for a long time. I return home at 06-30 pm.There are no other conveyance to the office except the above bus.And again I have to return by that particular bus even though I have finished my work in the morning session.At present I have no problem but after my daughter's school reopens , I feel that I have no time to spend quality time with her. My husband co-operates with me . He suggests that we should have a cook so that U will be free. But I suggest that a maid servant for assisting me in all my works like cutting of vegetables , drying of clothes , foldo\ing laundry , cleaning the kitchen platform , preparing tea etc. is useful. I dont know what to do? Can I have any idea from U pals????

2. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hi

I can understand your plight. it is better if you have a maidservant cum cook who will do all the extra work for you. She can probably come when you are there and do all the work while you spend your time with your child and husband.

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Having a maid or a cook will definitely ease your schedule. But i feel the main issue you are facing is the stress of commuting to your office daily. As there is only one mode of transport and the office being far away, you might be feeling more stress than others regarding the commute.

Is it possible for you to arrange an alternate way to commute to office? If you are living in a rented house, would it be possible for you shift closer to your office?

4. croco

croco New IL'ite

Hi,
    Maid for house work and cooking will surely help you.
    When you return home in the evening, maid can make everything ready for you. So yu can spend all yout time with your daughter.

Suggestion: if you can find another job wherein office is near to your house, you will save much time!