Managing call centre work?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Sharmili, May 25, 2005.

1. Sharmili

Sharmili New IL'ite

I work in a call centre in Bangalore. I am facing a lot of issues working in a call-centre and wanted to get some insight into how others in my similar situation are handling them. Are there any call-centre employees here?

2. akalya

akalya Junior IL'ite

Hi Sharmili,
    I don't work in a call-centre, but my husband manages few call centre employees. What type of problems are you specifically referring to? I can try to get info on how he helps his team members through those issues.

3. Sharmili

Sharmili New IL'ite

Thanks Akalya for your offer to help. I have been doing this job for 4 months now and I find the following to be the ones very difficult to deal with.

a. Customers who abuse. Oh my god...these customers use language that I just don't know how to react to. Even after the call is over, the words used by those customers still hurt very badly.

b. The constant pestering from the manager to reduce call-time. Being courteous to customers require time and my manager has no patience for it. His constant nagging has made my work a real pain.

c. The mess up of daily routine. I work from 9 pm till 4 am IST and it is very hard to find common time with my husband. Also, sleeping in the morning and working in the night is getting really tiring and difficult.

The only reason I do this is because of pay. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas on how to deal with this.

Sharmili