Managing 3rd delivery without help.

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by anees, Dec 7, 2011.

1. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I am expecting my third baby next month. I will not have any help initially from my parents as my mom is not doing very well moreover since it is peak winter time here she gets sick often if she comes here.My ILs also not keeping well. My elder kids are in school, so I have to drop and pick them up everyday. It takes 45-50 minutes as both are in different schools.
    Right now, I work from home fulltime, so I can manage everything. I am in good health(touchwood) so doing most of the household chores.I plan to work till the baby arrives.

My plan after delivery.Hoping for a normal one as the previous 2 was normal.
    DH takes off for 1 or 2 weeks. He will manage kids drop and pick up.
    After that I will take the baby along with me and do pick up and drop as DH work hours are 7 to 3.30. He got 1 hr commute each way. SO he is not at home from 6 to 4.30.
    I get 6 weeks of maternity leave, once the leave is over I can take 2 or weeks of vacation.
    Once I start work I will be working from home only.I will ask my father to come from India and stay close to baby while I am working from home. This way I can keep my elder kids also at home during summer break, hoping my father can stay for atleast 5 months.

Planning to get help for household cleaning. For cooking, I can make in advance and DH can manage few dishes. Once my stitches heal, I hope I can cook light dishes.

What do you ladies think of this?Will this work?

Anees.

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

I can just only say WOW.

You are looking pretty energetic with positive outlook.

You seems to be very confident ,so there is nothing much to say anyone.

All the best dear.Hope you will have wonderful delivery and motherhood.

Take care.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Anees, I also think this will work. It will be difficult but its doable since you are working from home. Should there be a medical emergency, at least you are home.
    Regarding kids pick up and drop off, isnt there a school bus can take kids? I am guessing not, since you havent mentioned it. Here some mom's arrange for carpooling where a few days you can get someone to pick up and drop off kids and you can do the same.

All the best Anees. I hope all goes well.

4. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

Thanks Priya.
    Eventhough I sound confident, I am worried about how will I manage. Hoping for the best.
    Anees

5. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

Thanks Rakhi. My 1st one is a transfer student and 2nd one goes to preK. SO no school bus.I am also looking for carpool options.
    Seems your baby is expected any time now. All the best!

Anees

6. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Dont' worry, everything will go well with your positive outlook, that is more important.

7. anees

anees Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vidukarth for the support.